Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie club???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie club???

I am looking for some guys who would like to do some serious crappie fishing in Holly/Fenton area. I am new to crappie fishing last year and have had decent sucess catching a half dozen or so nice crappie when I go out but have yet to find and hit the mother load. I normally fish Bush Lake in Holly or Tipsico Lake. I have had solid sucess with bluegill on Alderman lake as well as Bush lake also. I have a boat and am outfitting it this weekend to stay out and do some night fishing for crappie as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Spots I've Fished

I have had success in past years at Crotchet Lake located right off Grange Hall Rd. in Holly. There is a spot right across from the boat launch at the mouth of a small creek channel. Also you can try little crotchet (a small lake through a cut on Crotchet). Also, Lake Fenton has been productive on the far north side of the Lake for numbers and size of crappie. Overcast days with a little wind seem to be better than high sunny days. I only been out to Crotchet once early this year but I think it was a little too early. You have to fish the weedlines and if the weeds are not grown then try sometime in June. Hope this helps.