Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: minnow magic?

fishinboat Guest

Default minnow magic?

hey everyone, got a ?. i live in an area where as far as i can tell no rosy reds are available or even pet shops that sell goldfish. my question is has anyone tried minnow magic coloring for shiners and if so what was the result? food coloring kills! lol. sure would appreciate a little insight......thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnow Dye

Quote Originally Posted by fishinboat
    hey everyone, got a ?. i live in an area where as far as i can tell no rosy reds are available or even pet shops that sell goldfish. my question is has anyone tried minnow magic coloring for shiners and if so what was the result? food coloring kills! lol. sure would appreciate a little insight......thanks
    I tried some red minnow dye from baitstick.com and it seemed to do pretty well. I need to perfect a container to prevent spillage.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rosey Reds

The last few Walmarts I have gone to have had the Rosey Red minnows in their aquaruim/pet section. You could purchase a couple dozen and try your luck at breeding them.

fishinboat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunter
    I tried some red minnow dye from baitstick.com and it seemed to do pretty well. I need to perfect a container to prevent spillage.
    maybe i will give that a try. i am just wanting to pick up the bite a little during summer day time conditions. but night is the best this time of year. many thanks. :D