Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: late april snow

Post Thanks / Like

Default late april snow

when was the last time it snowed this late in april?? I've been in ohio for 10 yrs. don't remember any other then when me and #4 ex and i used to visit from va. beach it would snow on her birthday (april/05) just about every time. i grew up in eastern pa. don't remember a snow this late. will mess up spawn don't ya think? . after the last two weekends of temps. in 70's & 80's. this one is a BIG setback. what do you think??????? tarfu

Post Thanks / Like

Default Probably

Things have been slow getting started here anyway. All the reports I've read for our area have said that larger crappie are still deep and the ones being caught shallow are small. That's pretty typical prespawn. Last Saturday while we were out, water temps was still only around 60 and this rain and snow will most likely drop it some, plus we have high wind here and no sun predcited to warm up the surface. At least water doesn't cool down real fast.

I've lived here all my life - 52 years - and this is one of, but not the only, late snow I can remember. We've had lots of snow showers in early April, though. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a change !

I spent a week down at Ky lake, last week, and it was almost 80 degrees every day and 60 at night. Got back home here in n/w pa. and its snowing.... ! Wish i'd have planned my life better, i'd be retired by now at 53. :D but really, i dont remember it snowing this late in april. This planet is getting stranger by the day. Fish still hadn't spawned at the part of ky. lake that i was fishing. I caught lots of females still full of eggs and very few males had their tux jackets on. So the spawn up here shouldn't start till next month. Be patient, it's coming.