Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MO MO redear??

Post Thanks / Like

Default MO MO redear??

I know this is the crappie side, but being as it's also the MO board............
    I grew up in AR and we had some fantastic redear fishing. I haven't been as fortunate at finding them here in MO. Where do you guys head to find redear?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, me too, I want to know were I can catch some redear. Any info would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Odessa City Lake

Post Thanks / Like

There's supposed to be a new area just opened in the past couple years in Platte City CA lake with new boat ramp. They even have a slot limit for them. Do a search on the MDC site. Or contact Jake Allman at MDC he fishes there all the time.

The best place that I have personally fished is at a CA area up north. It's on Poose CA area Indian Creek & Pike Lake. There is alot of other smaller lakes there too not baot accessible.

I have caught more Red Ear's bigger than my hand than I can remember. Worms & Cricketts work well. But bright colored tube jigs is what I caught them on myself. Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Back 'home' in AR, we used to wait until the end of May, first of June when they would be on the beds..........they were real easy to find in clear water with polarized glasses. Then we would wait until night and show up with night crawlers and tight line them........almost too easy! I've had limited success here over the last few years, but I haven't really focused on them either.

Post Thanks / Like

Kellogg lake carthage, big bad and bunch of them, gasconade river, grand glaze arm of LOZ,osage arm brown bend, Cedar Creek cove Truman Lake, Lamar city lake, strip pits Kansas, go get em good eating

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot and report back.