Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: noodling

Post Thanks / Like

Default noodling

does anyone noodle cats on here?

Post Thanks / Like

Now this is going to be a good thread.I have only been once and it was in a river.I had the time of my life.I did'nt actually catch one.They used me to block the hole's and they did the noodling.Im not sure I could stick my hand in there anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Before it became so popular here in AR, my son and I did a lot of noodling on the local lake--caught lots of cats using small bream as bait. Great technique if you can find your noodles among all of the hundreds of others now. We used brightly colored swim noodles but into about 12" sections, with black trotline cord, with 2 or 3 drop lines off main line with weight on bottom.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rtorhead18 View Post
    Before it became so popular here in AR, my son and I did a lot of noodling on the local lake--caught lots of cats using small bream as bait. Great technique if you can find your noodles among all of the hundreds of others now. We used brightly colored swim noodles but into about 12" sections, with black trotline cord, with 2 or 3 drop lines off main line with weight on bottom.

I use noodles too. But some call hogging fish noodling. We use noodles with Greensunfish for bait on Nimrod and my buddy uses them at Dardanelle baited with Shad. The guys talking about hogging fish can have them , I'll stay with bait and hooks.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he was asking about hand grabbing,my bad.

Post Thanks / Like

wrong noodles guys im talking about the hand method sorry i was not more clear

Post Thanks / Like

i guess it depends on where u live and what u call it .noodling,grabbling,hogging well the guys i go with call it noodling.i went last june for the first time on percy preist in tn.the first cat that came out of the hide weighed 32pounds i was thinking theres no way u can catch fish like this boy was i wrong 14 cats and 4 hrs. later we had a total of between 280lbs and320lbs. were about to go again soon and hopefully wear em out again

Post Thanks / Like

I'll pass.My hands isnt going nowhere I cant see.

When a snappin turtle latches on to you,you will not be wanting to noodle again lol

Post Thanks / Like

Were you catchin or blocking? I was the same as you,boy can they get em.They would go down the bank's and feel for a hole or sandy place.When they said to block the hole we would sit with our leg's around one another and the guy would go in and most time's would have the fish.I had one hit me as it came out,it got away.The most fun I ever had.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are the Oklahoma boys?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast