Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockafeller May 13th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rockafeller May 13th

Well got a good tip from a buddy that the crabs were running down south. (Thanks Johnny!) So asked the ole man if he wanted to go and of course the answer was YES! Finally got down there about 10 AM and got to the wier about 10:20 and were through by 12 with 12 dozen nice crabs and 4 lbs of small shrimp.
    Got checked by the game warden and didn't have a fire extinsher in the boat but they were VERY NICE and wrote me a warning but told me not to come back out without one! I said YES SIR! So for those that say the game wardens aren't out there doing there job..........Well they are doing it down south, I get checked reguarlly down at Rockafeller.

Here are a few pictures.

My dad with a net of crabs.

Me trying to catch a few shrimp.

Kept catching these guys.....looks like an overgrown goby to me.

The crabs

The shrimp

A few "bonus" pictures.

Had to throw this one in there.....Our Louisiana Crappie.com decal on my boat. Sure blends in good with the camo!
    Last edited by shadow; 05-13-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch.
    joshua

Post Thanks / Like

Been wondering all day if yall were doing any good. Glad to know that the tip held true. And as for the shrimp, I guess 4 pounds is better than NO pounds. Hopefully they will pick up some before the gathering. Thanks for the report and pics... And I agree about the GW's. I see them all the time.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Last time I was there the you had to pass the game warden office to get to the wiers. Are the gators still bad down there? I have a photo of my father in law playing tug-o-war with about a 9 footer for a chicken neck in a crab net. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like yall had some fun! Cant wait to catch up with you and make a trip!
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne,
    Looks like ya"ll had some fun. I am really glad for you and your dad and at the same time I have a lump in my throat.
    You do not know how I wish I could share moments like that with my dad. He died when I was too young. Keep sharing those times together as often as you can.
    Looking forward to seeing you later on.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Nice catch. Last time I was there the you had to pass the game warden office to get to the wiers. Are the gators still bad down there? I have a photo of my father in law playing tug-o-war with about a 9 footer for a chicken neck in a crab net. lol
    The gators are still down there and they will try to steal your meat every once in awhile but you can usually get them to let go. Notice I said USUALLY, they have taken a few crab lines from me down there! The ones that I worry about are the ones that stay on the bank and don't move when you get up next to them!
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72 View Post
    Been wondering all day if yall were doing any good. Glad to know that the tip held true. And as for the shrimp, I guess 4 pounds is better than NO pounds. Hopefully they will pick up some before the gathering. Thanks for the report and pics... And I agree about the GW's. I see them all the time.
    Johnny, the shrimp should be good in about a month b/c I caught alot of really small shrimp. The season opens June 2nd at noon.
    Dwyane

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne, looks like you had a great time, of course anytime spent on the water is a great time. I might be speaking a little to early but the wife and I just might be able to make it over there for the 4th. Time will tell. By the way, thats a nice looking decal on the boat. I was wondering who would be the first to post it.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    By the way, thats a nice looking decal on the boat. I was wondering who would be the first to post it.
    "gene"
    PPG, I have 6 of them for myself and I have yet to put one on the boat or truck. Gotta see if I can get that other boat legal and then the sticker may go on that one..... btw, if I remember correctly, Catfish Connie posted one last week with her sticker.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast