Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stocton a week off

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stocton a week off

Went to Stockton on Monday and didn't get there until 11am. Water temp. was 58 deg. and as clear as I've seem it in three months. I could see my jig three and half foot deep. Started fishing the banks shallow--nothing. Tried jigs and minnows both and fished it hard. Then switched to deeper water (12 to 20 ft.) and started catching fish. No particular pattern, just not on the bank and all on Blk/char jig with nibble, none on minnows. I then ran into Barn Dog who said basically the same thing. At that time I had four keepers by myself and he and his friend had eight. I then went down to the rock face that Barn Dog told me about and caught two more nice females in deep water. All of my six fish, three males and three females, were from 10.5 to 14 inches. The water temp. did warm up to 62 degs in some of the more protected coves. I didn't clean the fish until this am. All the males were starting to turn black and had just a little wear on there tails. The big female had rowe than was just starting to loosen up and just starting to showing the capillary viens in the rowe. The other two, 12 and 13.5 incher, had rock solid rowe, no loosness or any sign of blood. The first sign of solid warm weather and they'll be on the bank. If you saw something different Barn Dog please let us know. Later, Ship

PS: besides my spelling!!!
    Last edited by ship; 05-13-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like it's about to get good down there,,,good luck,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a start Jim. Hope you have a chance to get back out there when they get real good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Ship. Sounds like its about time! Look forward to seeing you down there.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Ship,
    Im thinking about going Sat to Stockton. Which side of the lake were you on?
    Do you launch out of Mutton?

Post Thanks / Like

Launched at Ruark and went south and east to B-9 and farther to catch fish. Went yesterday and it was real slow, marked a lot of fish and they're still staging off the bank waiting on water temp to go up. Couldn't buy a bite yesterday. Water was between 59 and 62 deg. yesterday. Later, Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some good fishing in the near future, Jim. Was nice to meet you at camp. Keep us posted on Stockton. The invite is still open for you to come up to Truman and catch some of these slabs.

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work ship. Keep beagle and me posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton in the morning

Leaving for Stockton Lake in the morning. Hopefully will post info and if lucky some pictures!

Husker
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck Husker.....Think they are still in deep water,20-30 ft. Look forward to your post. Good Fishin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast