Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slow at Longmire!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slow at Longmire!

One of my favorite crappie hot spots is Lake Longmire just east of Pauls Valley. I usually don't have time to bait up my second pole when I fish there. Always catch the limit of 15 and have a great time.

I've been hitting it almost every day for the last six weeks and only caught one crappie. They are just not biting right now. I know they will eventually, but not now.

Yesterday I went to Lake Eufaula and caught a nice mess. But the two hundred mile round trip sure is time consuming.

If any of you guys fish Longmire, please post when they start biting, I'm not going back until they do.

Thanks and good luck, Jim
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, fiddling around looking at old posts and came across one of mine made in 2005. Might have been my 1st post here, can't remember for sure.

Twernt having much luck when I made this one...... :rolleyes:
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

When I read the two hundred mile trip, it got me too thinking...he sure is going the looooong way around to get to Lake Eufaula. Never read the post date.LOL

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Before I moved to Lake Eufaula, I lived 5 miles west of Ada on the highway going to Pauls Valley. Lake Longmire was around 18 or so miles from my house and I fished it often.

Dandy little crappie spot. I would encourage anyone close enough to give er a try.