Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Below Truman Dam????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Below Truman Dam????

Anyone fish below Truman dam on Sunday or Monday?? Are they still biting or have things cooled off?

How about on Truman?

Thanks,

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Bentpole Bob Guest

Default Caught a few

My partner and I went below the dam this morning. Probably our 7th trip there this year. Got there at 7:30 and only 10-12 boats. When we left at 11:30 probably 40 boats. We caught 18 keepers and alot of little ones. More little ones than in the past, but still some nice slab keepers. We had most success using jigs tipped with minnows. There are still some good fish there, but catching them has become a little more difficult, Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.

Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CDC, Bentpole Bob!....Thanks for the report. If you see any boats or trucks with Missouri CDC decals, stop by and say Hi. Good Fishin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. Where are you located Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. We caught two limits by 9:30 this morning. You did have to work through the dinks to get the good ones, however we had 30 very nice crappie, most were 11". If we counted correctly we had 152 fish in 3 1/2 hours.

Fish were 12-15' deep in 17' of water. We used minnows and jigs. We caught more dinks on minnows, very, very light tap. We used red / chart slab slayrs, very light tap.

Good fishing to all - go get some while the getting is good!

Brad

Bentpole Bob Guest

I'm in Holden, MO. I think we're going to give Truman another try tommorrow. Fished a farm pond tonight, bluegill were biting but that is not what I was after!

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody bank fishing off the rocks in the main channel ??? Got a few hours Friday to give it a try. Any tips will be appreciated and I'll give a report Friday nite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leadshot View Post
    Anybody bank fishing off the rocks in the main channel ??? Got a few hours Friday to give it a try. Any tips will be appreciated and I'll give a report Friday nite
    I believe I would be walking the bank on the slack water side and try to catch a few of those big spawning females too. Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

The banks looked like a trout park! Every 10 feet or so. I saw a few people catching fish from the bank, however they were few and far between. We were fishing a lot farther out in deeper water, the bank fisherman couldn't throw far enough to get to where the majority of the fish were. If you head up there good luck!

Brad