Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fish Smithville in the past week?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fish Smithville in the past week?

Statewide report (from Burton's) said they were shallow back in the creeks.
    Has anyone managed to get on the lake? I'm tempted to try tomorrow morning if the rain holds off. Otherwise, it looks like it might be another week before I have a chance.

Thanks,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

did good friday limit,saturday limit, todayl ake is up 1.5ft caught them off bank on jigs [red and chartruse] and minnows in about 3 foot of water alot of male very few females. only caught a few today hope it dont rain again????
    GRAND KIDS 4 IS ALL YOU NEED

Post Thanks / Like

Burton is just trying to sell bait is all!! There is no fish to be caught in that Lake!!!:rolleyes: Lee

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStorie View Post
    Statewide report (from Burton's) said they were shallow back in the creeks.
    Has anyone managed to get on the lake? I'm tempted to try tomorrow morning if the rain holds off. Otherwise, it looks like it might be another week before I have a chance.

Thanks,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope the fish are biting up there. I don't know if I want to spend the gas if they are not
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville

crappie on the shoreline 1-3' catching limit a day for a while, today and going out tomorrow if the rain holds using no minnow with black-chart color 1/16 jig plenty of nice fish in this lake last year my big fish was 8lbs walleye and 14'' crappie looking to top this this year. well good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by likestofish View Post
    crappie on the shoreline 1-3' catching limit a day for a while, today and going out tomorrow if the rain holds using no minnow with black-chart color 1/16 jig plenty of nice fish in this lake last year my big fish was 8lbs walleye and 14'' crappie looking to top this this year. well good fishing
    8lb eye and a 14" crappie is pretty good from smithville, it would be nice to catch one of those. I am going to have to go up there this weekend if they are that shallow thanks for the report
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Was at the dam monday for catfish.Saw quite a few smallish crappie caught in the spillway,mixture of jigs and minners.I landed a 25# flathead and lost another larger one

Caught about a dozen drum up to 10#,they give a good tussle.