Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaw Lake Oklahoma

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kaw Lake Oklahoma

Didn't fair too well. Trolling motor batteries took a crap three hours into the tournament. 100% gave me 20% thrust. 20% couldn't hold us in the 30mph winds. I should have bought new batteries with the new boat, but that's what I get for being frugal.

We did make it to the Classic though. All was not lost.

Weird lake conditions. Water 63deg and it wasn't until Saturday until we could catch some on the banks. Most were 8 - 12 feet deep. Including the males. Biggest fish pre fishing were 1-9, 1-12 & 1-14.

I have some good stories to go with this trip. I'll have to share them at camp sometime.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

hey Kit, stay tough there will always be the next lake the win will come

Post Thanks / Like

Kit, did you have any of the storms that went through NE Okla & SW Mo ? I wouldnt have wanted to be on a Lake with those storms.... Hope all were safe in them? Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Better luck next time, Kit!......You know what they say.."Practice makes Perfect"
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

hi kit, nice to meet you at kaw. at least you guys made a better showing than we did, we only ended up with 2 fish saturday, caught a bunch of real small fish early and didn't think we would need them and threw them back, just as well though they wouldn't have helped us much. wind got to be too much for us, broke my trolling motor control switch first thing in the morning saturday and it was stuck un 2, too much wind for that. we weighed in about 1;30 and headed home.

Post Thanks / Like

Better luck next time, Kit. So go the travails of tournament fishing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

The SAGA continues.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    hi kit, nice to meet you at kaw. at least you guys made a better showing than we did, we only ended up with 2 fish saturday, caught a bunch of real small fish early and didn't think we would need them and threw them back, just as well though they wouldn't have helped us much. wind got to be too much for us, broke my trolling motor control switch first thing in the morning saturday and it was stuck un 2, too much wind for that. we weighed in about 1;30 and headed home.
    Great meeting you as well.
    We're going to fish Decatur in a couple weeks.
    We've had a poor showing this year. Maybe we'll be able to redeem ourselves up there.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kit glad you made it to the classic good luck at decatur,we will see you at Patoka.
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Kit, sounds like a toronto like trip Better luck next time. Can't wait to hear the stories
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast