Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbe questions

rflasck Guest

Default Newbe questions

Hi All,

I'm new to this great board. Glad I found it.

I'm slowly winding down my workload as I approach retirement. My father took me fishing as a boy in the mid-west. Now, after forty years without fishing, I'd like to get into crappie fishing here in northern California. Maybe shore fishing on Clear Lake as a start.

I need advise and info on how to get back into fishing - especially crappie shore fishing. Can you direct me to any books, websites, or sections of crappie.com that could help? Any specific info or advice regarding tackle, jigs, techniques, and general tools needed (like stringers, nets, line, knots, poles, etc) that you could provide would be great.

Thanks,
    Dick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rflasck View Post
    I'd like to get into crappie fishing here in northern California. Maybe shore fishing on Clear Lake as a start.

I suggest you go to http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/f...?board=crappie
    and look around for specific advice on Clear Lake. Those guys fish it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by rflasck View Post
    I need advise and info on how to get back into fishing - especially crappie shore fishing. Can you direct me to any books, websites, or sections of crappie.com that could help? Any specific info or advice regarding tackle, jigs, techniques, and general tools needed (like stringers, nets, line, knots, poles, etc) that you could provide would be great.
    If you want a sound foundation on crappie get a book called "Crappie Wisdom." You can find it, and an accompanying DVD, on http://www.shop.in-fisherman.com

Good Luck!
    Jim (Ike) Isaac - San Diego CA

Purveyor of sea stories, fish tales
    and other prevarications.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from missouri
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from central cal. I don't fish up that way to much, mostly looking for salmon. There are several members that live up that way and they do really good at Clear Lake.
    You might also try USA Fishing.com They have a lot of good river, ocean and lake reports. also department of fish and game web site is good for info.

Gonefission
    Bill

rflasck Guest

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm looking forward to fishing again!

Dick