Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tournament Rules

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament Rules

I noticed while looking at the Crappie USA rules that you only weigh in 7 fish. Does this mean you can only have 7 fish in your boat and you must start culling with #8, or can you have more than 7 and just weigh in your biggest 7? Are you penalized for over 7 fish in the boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EZ1
    I noticed while looking at the Crappie USA rules that you only weigh in 7 fish. Does this mean you can only have 7 fish in your boat and you must start culling with #8, or can you have more than 7 and just weigh in your biggest 7? Are you penalized for over 7 fish in the boat?

No, you will not be penalized for having over 7 in your boat. But make sure that you don't bring more than 7 fish to the weigh-in line, or you will be disqualified. They must all be ALIVE when you weigh in. If all possible, try culling the smaller fish back into the lake sometime soon after you catch your 7 fish to prevent overcrowding the livewell and give the bigger crappie more breathing room and less stressed.

Post Thanks / Like

yep what he said .... course with the weather we had today I only weighed in 3 ...wished I hadn't lost the "big one " and the other one that looked good too .....dang the luck .
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]