Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for women fishers????

Post Thanks / Like

Question Question for women fishers????

I went to shop for inflatable PFDs at Cabela's. The Cabela's Guardian™ Tournament 3500 Auto/Manual Inflatable PFD is on sale for $90.00. Seems like a great deal. The problem is the thing fastens right across my bosom. Do any women here wear this PFD? I am not a petite gal--the words big boned come to mind. I would like to have the safety of non-bulky PFD, but it just doesn't seem like a good fit.
    Any input?
    Thanks,
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

They are designed that way on purpose you know. So you need a male partner to help you get the vest on.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on getting the same type PFD this year. I haven't tried any yet to check out the fit. I bet I'll have the same problem as you. You're right though, that sounds like a good deal. Have you checked out the ones at Bass Pro?
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default pfd

I looked at those too, and thought of the same problem, if youlook at bass pro they have pfds that are longer in length and come down farther to help avoid the chest area, I know I have that same old problem. I really like mine but had to get used to the investment, but caught them on sale, our bass pros have a lifejacked trade in event going where you can get money off by the price of the one you are purchasing, just bring in an old one.
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to check out BPS. It looks like theirs are a knockoff of mustang, but they don't have pictures with people wearing them.
    I went out last night. I wore my regular stearns PFD. I felt like a sausage. Only caught a few little one, the weather is too strange here.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have the problem that you do . I do understand comfort. If you will allow me to offer this small bit of info. Check out the 3500 waisrbelt. BP has a belt by Stearns that is approved. I have 2 and they are comfortable. Not automatic. Sorry to interrupt, but thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes foulhook great alternative you gals may want to take a look at.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried contacting the company that manufactures those PFD's, they might appreciate your contacting them about a product to be made for the ladies??? Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    I'm planning on getting the same type PFD this year. I haven't tried any yet to check out the fit. I bet I'll have the same problem as you. You're right though, that sounds like a good deal. Have you checked out the ones at Bass Pro?
    Hi, Bluegillfisher and Vonna, Not an answer to your fit question, but if you have a Cabela's close they have a buy one get one 1/2 price. The manual/auto for $99.99. Looks like you could get 2 for $150.00.
    John