Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Story & Raccoon 5/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Story & Raccoon 5/10

I was supposed to be fishing a Walleye tourney on Brookville today, but it wasn't meant to be. I woke up yesterday (Friday) morning about 3AM with severe lower abdominal pain. Tried to tough it out and had picked up the boat and was on my way to pick up my tourney partner when the pain became too much to handle. Called my partner and cancelled, called Jill and told her to meet me at a vacant parking lot close to the house and take me to the hospital. By 5PM I was in surgery having a kidney stone busted up. Left the boat in the vacant parking lot last night, and was home and heavily medicated by 8:00.

I woke up again at 3AM this morning with NO PAIN!! No meds all day, and by 4AM I was trying to talk Jill into letting me fish the tourney, but couldn't get her to give in. By 11AM I still had not taken any pain medication (no pain!!) and finally convinced her to head to Raccoon. We got on the water about 2PM and came off about 7PM. Nine good eaters again today, all between 10" & 13". Most came in 3-4 FOW fishing about 1 1/2' deep. Water temps were66-67 degrees. The wind was playing havoc with the fish north of the bridge, so we found a sheltered cove on the east side of the lake near the beach. Most of these fish came from that cove, and most were caught by Jill. We were fishing minnows under floats. She was fishing a gold aberdeen hook and I was fishing a blood red hook. That is the only difference in our setup. We could throw in 1' apart, she would get bit and I wouldn't. Go figure.

Anyway, here is today's catch:

Jeff
    Last edited by SkeeterJeff; 05-10-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch kidney stones suck been there done that three times hows the bank fishing at raccoon any good holes?

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Jeff. Nice bunch of fish. Those males look like they are in the spawning mode. Glad to see you are doing OK. That is an awful pain and just keeps getting worse. I bet that was the Indiana Walleye Tourney you were supposed to fish. I fished one of those a few years ago when it was at Cataract, but I don't think anyone caught any walleyes. We ended up fishing for crappies later in the day and managed to at least get a few eaters. Would like to go to Brookville and fish with those guys some time but it is just too far for me to go with gas as high as it is now.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob,

First, thanks for the compliments on the fish. My wife caught most of them. She had the "golden hook" yesterday I guess.

The tourney was an HWA (Hoosier Walleye Association) tourney, not to be confused with IndianaWalleye.com. Two seperate groups. We are fishing a six lake tourney schedule this year, and B'ville was lake #2. We will be at Winona on June 7th, Monroe on June 21st, Sylvan on August 18th, and Summit on September 6 & 7. There will be a championship on a lake to be announced after the Summit tourney. If you are interested, go to http://www.hoosierwalleye.com.

Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN