Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grubco Baits Out-fished Minnows 6 to 1!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grubco Baits Out-fished Minnows 6 to 1!

About 95% of the time, I use jigs when fishing for crappie. Every time I use jigs, I always tip them with either minnows, worms, or Crappie Nibbles for added scent, action and flash. In the past 4 weeks, I tipped one jig with a minnow and another identical jig with a Grubco wax worm or red spikes to give the crappie a choice of sides. So far in each time out, I've caught 6 crappies out of every 7 on jigs tipped with Grubco baits!
    We always take minnows with us when fishing because its the crappies' natural food. Today, my son was catching crappies with a plain minnow on a hook. He was also losing alot of minnows when they bit. We tipped the minnows with a couple of Grubco spikes hooked through the tails to keep the minnows from coming off, and as the result, the bites were more aggressive!
    These worms will stay lively, and will last for several weeks if you print and follow the instructions on caring for these baits from their website link on top of this page.
    Like with many jigs and colors that we have, give Grubco Baits a try at least once. They are a proud Sponsor of Crappie.com, and they WILL help you catch more fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappie Chaser and Moose1am. I'm going to try both your ideas. Earlier this week I went out with a buddy and we went through 4 dozen minnows in what seemed like only a couple of hours. That's nice if you're catching 4 dozen fish, but we only had 8 in the livewell.