Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is auto-pilot a must?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is auto-pilot a must?

Between gift cards and stimulous check a new trolling motor is in my future. Bass pro has nothing with auto-pilot in stock at my local BPS. Do you guys HAVE to have it? How often do you use it?

Post Thanks / Like

I would have a hard time going back to the others for trolling,when I'm guiding I can stay in the middle of the boat and take fish off and fool with bait or anything else. They have a remote called Co-pilot. You start in a direction and the motor will always turn the nose that direction.They're worth every penny when trolling,but for casting I would rather have the other with cables.
    WACKEM AND STACKEM!

Post Thanks / Like

Like Sowdaddy said, if you're trolling, pullin', driftin, pushin, tightlinin, and spider riggin' then you need the auto pilot...with multi-rods in the water, you'll have your hands full just trying to keep them out of trouble without foolin with the trollin motor...If you're a caster/bank beater then I wouldn't spend the extra money.
    Support Our Troops!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Wireless, Terrova with Universal Sonar and Auto Pilot. If I had to give one of these features up it would be the Auto Pilot, but I wouldn't want to. Not giving up the Wireless for sure and also love the Universal Sonar.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mu autopilot goes on when I deploy the motor and stays on all day. I wouldn't be without it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Well Ive decided before reading this thread to wait. Your responses just solidified it. I just found out I can order it and have it shipped to my door cheaper than I can drive 45minutes and pick it up at a store anyway.

$699.99 + 7%tax= $748.99 in store PLUS gas hour and a half minimun drive round trip and they dont even have what I want in stock
    $699.99 + $16.95 + $12.00 = $728.94 shipped to my door

Thats a no brainer. I can order what I want cheaper and not have to worry if its in stock or not. :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Something I done is the first time you use your BASS PRO credit card you get an additional 10% off your purchace!!!
    WACKEM AND STACKEM!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    Mu autopilot goes on when I deploy the motor and stays on all day. I wouldn't be without it.
    Hey Bill,

I forget to turn AP off wen loading it up to move. It keeps trying to track (moving and moaning). Scared the crap out of me a couple of times.:o
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Hey Bill,

I forget to turn AP off wen loading it up to move. It keeps trying to track (moving and moaning). Scared the crap out of me a couple of times.:o
    Yeah, I've done that one or 2 dozen times. You would think they would put a little mecury switch in there to take care of that little problem. But I guess they would have to charge another $199 for the motor. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think my Terrova cuts completely off when in the stowed position. When it is all the way in the bracket the little green light goes off and that is how you can tell if it's all the way in the bracket.

Got it back yesterday and am now happy again.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast