Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Sugema

MJ47 Guest

Default Lake Sugema

Can anyone give me information on crappie fishing at Lake Sugema? I have heard a little about it. I hear that it is a great place to crappie fish. If so, what time of year? Are there camping facilities at the lake? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJ47
    Can anyone give me information on crappie fishing at Lake Sugema? I have heard a little about it. I hear that it is a great place to crappie fish. If so, what time of year? Are there camping facilities at the lake? Thanks!
    I only fished it through the ice a couple times and did alright on crap's,gill's and walleye so can't tell you much on open water.There are camping facilities there and the dnr has some cabins there you can rent and I hear they are nice.Here's a link to some info on the area.http://redfoxlodging.com/rfl_sugema.html
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished there many times and crappies can be good, as well as 'gills up to 10". Try calling the local bait shop in Keosaqua,IA and they should be able to give you the latest info. The local baitshop is called Troublesome Creek Outfitters and the manager is a friend of mine, Mike. Their phone# is 319-293-3848.
    p.s. beside's Sugema, there's also several other good crappie lakes within a 20 mile radius of Sugema as well, so usually one of them is hot for the bite.

I hope you like trees, 'cause there's alot of standing timber in Sugema. Dave