Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help would be appreciated!

What is the best way to fish very muddy water? I mean water that you can;t see a jig down 6-8"

If we are going to have this every week or so, I guess I need to learn how to handle it.

Thanks, and everyone have a great weekend.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

I would say a dark colored jig and dont be afraid to move your jig but I'm a bass fisherman. What do I know! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about jigs, but I have heard use lighter colors for crank baits in muddy water.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught them pretty good in the muddy water in the Gravois with Roadrunner heads(with a jig obviously), I think they have more vibration than just a plain jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Roadrunners with orange/char jigs tipped with a nibble or minnow and fish super slow is how i go about it and sometimes even that don't work the best.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Use something with scent and a lot of vibration. Minnows wouldn't be a bad choice
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use a 1/16 oz jig with a larger tube or 2" beaver tail with plenty of contrast, pink head black body pink tail, or chartreuse head orange body chartreuse tail. A bobber with a roadrunner style jig head also works well with lots of contrast. A slipbobber with the roadrunner works best for me, try to verticle jig the rig in one spot as much as possible, go slow but keep moving and if that doesnt work slow down! And always put a crappie nibble on that jig, a jig never leaves my boat without a nibble on it!

Post Thanks / Like

Larger baits, 3" instead of 2". Dark colors. Use scent, nibbles or garlic. Roadrunner heads give off more vibration and that helps the fish locate the bait. Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you said muddy water. My home lake thats stained to clear. I go bright and big and stay away from open water fish close to structure hit them in the head so to speak. I use hot orange and fire tail in 2" also 3" southern pro walleye tubes. dirty water that is over 7 -10 deep is tough try finding shallower fish or better water.
    ITS LIKE BASEBALL PITCHIN,HITTIN,CATCHIN

Post Thanks / Like

prespawn is the hardest for me. dirty water or clear, so I fish slow,deep,and close to trees, or other structure. hold still,then twitch, I have found I need to hold the line in my finger like I am getting ready to cast. open face reel. on real sunny days I find shallow water in the shade. work it slow dip move pitch lay downs small stick ups are always good. colors I use black blue combo. with orange head.I also like to throw 3in. shad rap parrell with the bank. black/silver or green silver slow retrieve pause, let it rise, twitch slow retrieve... good luck