HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Over the possesion limit on weiss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Over the possesion limit on weiss

Anyone heard about 2 fellow's from ky getting caught with a bunch of fish in their cooler.The story I heard was they got their boat impounded and it cost each one 1000.00 dollar's each to get the boat back.I know they got caught for sure but dont know about the rest.2000.00 seem's excessive if it's true.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think it is excesive. I figure they thought they could come down here and RAPE the lake and take them home. You should ALWAYS take what you will eat or is LEGAL then leave the rest for others. It is ppl like that, you see keeping anything with eyeballs. I kinda figure if they had that many fish not ALL were LEGAL size. That would kinda explain the big fines.
    Likes MeListen, ibmack, rnes LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

How many would it take over the possesion limit to be fined 2000.00 dollar's? I have no idea.If it was a huge amount of fish I can see why the fine was so big but if not I would think that is excessive.

Post Thanks / Like

Up here in Michigan, our limit is 25 specks a day. For every fish that you're over, it's $5 a pounds. It can get expensive if you're pouching and who needs that hassle!
    Detroit Crappie Killa

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm not 100% sure...

but I believe you can only transport 1 day's legal limit out of the state. For instance, if you are there for a week and catch your limit each day you are only allowed to take 1 day's limit across the state line. If there are 2 fishing, you could only take 120 filets with you, or sixty fish. Any thing over that is a violation of state law. If they were caught with 3 or 4 limits in their cooler then they deserved that $2,000 fine. I believe most states have this type of restriction in their statutes. Unfortunately, enforcement would be a nightmare, unless there were checkpoints at the state lines, like in California. If the laws were strictly enforced, there would be more fish and better fishing for all of lus.

Post Thanks / Like

If a person, you notice I do not use the word fisherman or sportsman, keeps one fish over the legal limit or under the legal length then they are stealing from the rest of us. The best way to ensure that this stealing is kept to a minimum is to report those that are doing it. A good sportsman will do what is necessary to protect the resource. To report game and fish violations call Operation Game Watch 1-800-272-4263.

Leave a few for seed.
    jetree
    Likes rnes LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Im not 100% sure but I think they slipped up on the possesion limit.With a 2000.00$ fine they must have really slipped.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alabama law on limits (regulations)

Go to outdooralabama.comand click on Regulations. The following is the law (no excuses for ignorance as we all know very well!

220-2-.115 Snagging or Snatching Fish on the Tennessee River
    It shall be unlawful to take fish on the Tennessee River or its impoundments by pulling a single hook or group of hooks through the water (snagging or snatching), provided said hooks may be so used with bait and/or lures to entice fish to strike or bite such bait or lure. It shall further be unlawful to catch a fish on the Tennessee River or its impoundments by hooking the fish in any place other than the mouth or head. Any fish hooked other than in the mouth or head must immediately be returned to the water from where it came with the least possible harm.

Note: It is a violation of Alabama law for any person to transport more than one day's creel limit of any species of game fish beyond the boundaries of this state. It is a violation of Alabama law for any person to fillet freshwater fish while on public waters except when fish are being prepared for immediate cooking and consumption, provided however, that fish may be drawn or gutted with heads left attached.

NOTE: IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL FOR ANY ANGLER TO FISH WITH MORE THAN THREE RODS AND REELS, OR POLES, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF ON WEISS RESERVOIR OR NEELY HENRY LAKE, AT ANY TIME.
    THERE IS NO CLOSED SEASON ON ANY FRESHWATER GAME FISH.

The sale of game fish taken from public water is prohibited by law in Alabama.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess after reading that alabama dont want any out of state fishermen lol.Im sure i wouldnt travel that far for one day's limit of crappie as they are to easy to catch around here.I bet those 2 ole boy's wish they had stayed closer to home lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Note: It is a violation of Alabama law for any person to transport more than one day's creel limit of any species of game fish beyond the boundaries of this state. It is a violation of Alabama law for any person to fillet freshwater fish while on public waters except when fish are being prepared for immediate cooking and consumption, provided however, that fish may be drawn or gutted with heads left attached,
    I'll agree with the law,on this,But It say's ( BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES OF THE STATE.) the way that reads they would have to wait untill you went past the state line before they could make an arrest,Now you know why I'm not a lawyer,:D.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast