Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Vis Line.....WOW

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Vis Line.....WOW

O.k., I've read here about so many people using this hi-vis line. I thought it was one of those things you read about that people blow out of proportion. So...I bought some to prove you all wrong.

So...You proved ME wrong. I bet I caught at least 6 fish that I never knew were biting my jig. The line would bounce up in the air and make slack at the reel or start moving in the water without even a nibble felt. This stuff is really works. This is just one small thing I've learned that will dramatically impact how many fish I can catch.

Thanks Again,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

I have been planning on switching to the hi-vis also. Been looking at the Vicious panfish line. Only problem is it only comes in 330 yard spools. All their other lines you can buy in bulk except for their panfish line.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the stren 4lb hi-vis gold line. Man you can see this stuff from a mile away. Best thing I've done to improve my fish catching in probably over a year. This is crazy but I would compare it to my 997si and the results I'm getting from it.

Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    O.k., I've read here about so many people using this hi-vis line. I thought it was one of those things you read about that people blow out of proportion. So...I bought some to prove you all wrong.

So...You proved ME wrong. I bet I caught at least 6 fish that I never knew were biting my jig. The line would bounce up in the air and make slack at the reel or start moving in the water without even a nibble felt. This stuff is really works. This is just one small thing I've learned that will dramatically impact how many fish I can catch.

Thanks Again,
    Buzz
    Good for you! I have been using the Hi-Vis Yellow for a couple of years now and love the stuff. I also really like Power Pro Braid as you feel things you never feel with mono. However I use both mono and braid.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

i used the power pro 10lb hi vis braid and loved it for a few trips on trip #4 it started breaking on the hookset I really like the feel you get with it but can't handle the lost fish. I stripped it all off and put back on the mono. What do you think was wrong with the line should it break that easily I would like to give the power pro another shot just need an excuse as to why it was breaking. It was new line couple months old and 4 trips.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to upset the economy by killin the big line companies sales, but here's what I found. I fished with a freind who used the yellow line, and he said he got his on big spools at BPS. I went and bought a spool of 4 and 6lb, I believe the label name is worldwide sportsman. Stuff is great and comes on 3300 yd spool for 4lb and like 2500 in 6lb. This is the good part. $5.50 a spool. After using it for several months I see no significant difference between this and the high dollar stuff. You make you're own choice. Just my input.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

if you like the hi vis mono try some hi vis BRAID by Sufix, Power Pro, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

On another threat they were talking about the Suffix Elite Hi Yellow. Anybody tried that? The Suffix Pro Mix and Mr. Crappie lines were also mentioned. I'm ready to try anything that will let me know better if somebody is down there messin with me!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the process of switching everything over to braided line from hi-vis mono lines. I used both and for me braid wins hands down. If the fish even THINKS about your bait, the braid senses it. Straiten hooks out when you can't reach down to it with the pole tip. When I hook a big fish if I can see he's hooked good I just bring him in the boat. I still use a net BUT NOT NEARLY AS MUCH. You can see and feel the Thump at the same time when the fish are really hitting the bait. I love it. I'm using Sufix and Spider Wire but will not use spiderwire again unless I can get it in a hi-vis color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    i used the power pro 10lb hi vis braid and loved it for a few trips on trip #4 it started breaking on the hookset I really like the feel you get with it but can't handle the lost fish. I stripped it all off and put back on the mono. What do you think was wrong with the line should it break that easily I would like to give the power pro another shot just need an excuse as to why it was breaking. It was new line couple months old and 4 trips.
    I'm a thinking, either - you got a freak bad spool of line - or

your knots are slipping (wouldn't think that would just start on 4th trip?) or

I'd like to watch your hookset :D Were it me, I'd tie some knots with it
    and use something like a heavy glove and pull it till it broke, watching close
    to try and see whats happening.

I use the 10lb too, usually with a 12lb floro leader, and the leader always
    breaks first. Powerpro must be a LOT stronger than the rating.
    And I've got some on reels that is so old, it's lost it's color and turned white,
    and it seems to still be as strong as ever. I've been more worried about
    breaking rods with it than the line breaking.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast