Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman this weekend

I would like to take 3 students fishing on Truman this weekend. Is the T6 area good for crappie now? Still shallow and spawning? Jigs or minnows?

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion it's coming to a qiuck end. Just from last weekend I have seen a dramatic change in the crappie. I would stay around the main lake area. Sunday we caught 60 crappie 5 hours, mostly on the banks. Today two friends went back to the same cove and only caught 28 all morning. Said the females they had caught already laid out. The cove I speak of is directly behind the visitor center or to the right of the island by sterrett creek. It is a easy cove to fish and room for plenty. I haven't heard much about tebo arm. The grand arm has also slowed through the week. Fished it lastnight and came away with 12 big males. Hope I helped out, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bucksaw area was still going yesterday. There hasn't been much movement above Bucksaw, but there will be. I was still seeing clumpy light yellow eggs yesterday, with some of the females squirting eggs. The crappie were noticeably smaller yesterday, but that big storm had run them off the banks, and it seemed like only the younger dumb ones were back up the banks in the morning.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

So, DrFish...... ifn' you wuz goin' a fishin' on Saturday, where would you go?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be taking a man and his son out tommorow on a six hour trip. I will be putting in at Bucksaw at 6:30am and heading down river. I will be in an older 18 1/2 ft. Ranger greyish silver in color. If anybody is out and about look us up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drfishjd View Post
    The Bucksaw area was still going yesterday. it seemed like only the younger dumb ones were back up the banks in the morning.
    It sounds like I might still have a CHANCE there!!:D:D
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Any one go out Friday? How was it? Where should I take these boys to get the most out of their buck?

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back home from state park. Fished the cove wrote about and had very little success. No fish on the banks there anymore. Females had no eggs. Maybe up the Tebo will produce. Alot of good spots in that area. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I will be taking a man and his son out tommorow on a six hour trip. I will be putting in at Bucksaw at 6:30am and heading down river. I will be in an older 18 1/2 ft. Ranger greyish silver in color. If anybody is out and about look us up.
    Jigging 15 how did you do yesterday? Hope you missed the storms. It cut our day short but it was fun while it lasted.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Limits of mostly males. A few nice females scattered in. Some of the females looked ready others looked like they could last another two weeks or more. Fast action at times then slow for a half hour then they would pick back up again. Some bass fisherman where catching them on 1/2 oz. jigs and creature baits. Fun day the son of the guy I was guiding had a 15 inch female right before the rain ran us off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast