Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit Card Company

Post Thanks / Like

Default Credit Card Company

Received a call a short time ago from CitiBank. They said they noticed I haven't been using my card lately and wanted to know what they could do that would make me use it more often. Jokingly I said they could give me a 2% interest rate. The guy became real serious and said that he would like to go over some options with me. The only way these options would kick in was when I used my card, indicating I accepted the new terms. That is when I asked him if he was familiar with the state of the economy. I told him I will not be using my card because my number one concern is to use my money to pay for food and gas and not a credit card payment. He kept trying to get me to listen to the deals until I told him there is nothing he can say to change my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Jim. Stand your ground cause them copmpanies don't give a darn about you!

Post Thanks / Like

Citibank has some pretty nice deals from time to time. I financed the truck I have through them. 0% for 18 months. Only paid 11,500 fur it so I'll have it payed off by then.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an "educated" (don't ask) way to look at credit cards or creditors in general. 1st....APR is one thing. It is not the same as "rate". Credit cards work off "average daily balance". Applying your payment to the lowest rate 1st. This makes your balance on the higher rate continue accruing % while you payoff the lower % = more debt! Don't forget that if you mail a payment and it is recieved after the due date = $30+ late fee! Always pay these creditors via the creditor's website if available. Eliminate the possible delay in the mail. Also, credit scores are affected by % of revolving high credit used. Example.....1,000 credit limit, 750 balance owed = ok credit score affect. If over 80% of high credit limit used (balance owed) credit score negativly affected. Bottom line.....use credit cards for amounts able to be liquidated within the promotional period only. Credit cards on the other hand are better protection then debit cards for idenity theft. If someone steals your credit card info, then they have stolen the credit card company's money. If they steal your debit card info, they have stolen your cash!!!!! Easier to fight credit card theft than bank account theft. Plastic is dangerous unless your budget allows you to manage your debt in a timely manner. Not the case for the general public. Gas prices and general cost of living is making it even harder. Case in point.......next time you are at the gas pump, look around. How many folks are paying at the pump with plastic vs. how many folks are paying cash? How long can average people pay for normal cost of life with plastic? Just a thought and not fact.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my "Cabelas" credit card for several years now and I use it....ALOT....now the catch to this is that I have no intention of charging anything on that card that I can not and will not pay off when the next statement comes around and like Shinerunner says I usually do this online. I buy things like gas, groceries, wally world trips, fishing stuff(my big items usually)....and now I have almost $200 to spend at Cabelas on the reward money that I get back....now I know that 1% isn't much reward but the way I look at it I was going to be spending that money anyway so why not charge it for the month pay it off, ON TIME and over time your points will build up....this is just my opinion and you have the right "frame of mind" and pay them off each and every month because the rates are ridiculous and I don't agree with them but I hope they keep making a little money so they can keep paying me!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

have a friend with four young kids.applied for a toys are us credit card that accumulated points per use according to ammount of charge.they put the set monthly payments per month such as car,house,insurance,and so on that money that had to be spent that was accounted for each month.they ended up with like 3000 credit at the store that bought all fours christmas.they would charge one day and as soon as it showed up on the on line bill they would click to pay immediately.never put anything on it that wasnt concrete to have to pay.me im not that diciplined.have one with citi and they are the best i have ever had.

Post Thanks / Like

credit can be a good thing, or a bad thing. It all depends upon your view about money. Spend your own, or spend his! I spend mine, had enoough ecperiance with spending his, than having to pay HIM back, UGHHHHHHH~

Post Thanks / Like

I pay for everything over 10.00 with my cards, and pay as soon as it is due haven't carried a bal. foward in 20 years. My cards have 3 month periods where you can buy and get 5% cash back at different types of stores each quarter so twice a year for a 3 three month period I get a 5% discount on gas and at todays prices that equals 18 to 20 cents per. gal. Just be sure to pay off each month or the charges will eat up your savings and then some.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

I have two cards, and I pay 'em off every month. I put gas and any other travel expenses on one and everything else on the other. I try to use cash as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the second thread of mine that I started about 3 years ago that has been revived. I guess I have been missed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast