Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider Rigging Below Truman Dam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging Below Truman Dam

Hello fellow crappie.comers, I'm new to the site and I'm thinking about coming down to fish below Truman this weekend looks like the fish are doing well. My question for you all is does anyone spider rig? Just from reading all the posts it seems as if most are jigging or casting with a bobber or slip float. Also if anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. I do alot of spider rigging down south but never did it at Truman.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

You can spider rig in the dead water below the dam if you have room. There are alot of boats usually and it might be difficult to manuver. The bite is often very lite and I would think you would miss the bite. I fish with two rods and verticle jig holding the line in order to feel the bite.

Good Luck and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the MO Board!
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. I see alot of spider rigging in the dead water but dont see many catching. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!....What polebender said...is probably the best way to fish there. Good luck
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Truman. I've been up on the lake, doing well in shallow water (2 1/2'). Got 15 this afternoon - 2 fish were 10 1/2 and the rest were from 11" to 13". Good fishing.

Jim
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    Welcome!

You can spider rig in the dead water below the dam if you have room. There are alot of boats usually and it might be difficult to manuver. The bite is often very lite and I would think you would miss the bite. I fish with two rods and verticle jig holding the line in order to feel the bite.

Good Luck and let us know how you do.
    Will do.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome
    Crappie don't sleep, is that why I'm so tired?
    Team crappiekingjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Details from Saturday, I didn't attempt to spider rig because a Pole Bender said it was too crowded. However, the fishing was great in between the rain that is. When we arrived there were a lot of boats out and everyone was fishing In deep water so we fished away from them in the shallows. We caught fish right on the bank out to about 5ft of water and did very well we caught 25 keepers between two people and would have had a limit if the rain didn't scare us away. All the fish were caught from the same location next to a couple of fallen trees jigging or fishing under a float about 12-18 inches below the float. All caught of blk/chart Beaver Tails or red/chart tubes. Sorry no pics worried about the storm. Btw, only one fish was a male. Thanks JJ for the tip on the Beaver Tail. That was my 1st time crappie fishing below Truman and it was AWSOME! I hope I have as much luck on the lake as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast