Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wipers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default wipers?

I've just gained access to a 170 acre private lake(lot owners only).The home owner association stocked 400 wipers about 7 or 8 years ago.I've caught one by accident on a bass spinnerbait,I would like to target these fish but have never fished for them.This lake has a depth of 35' at the dam with two feeder creeks at the headwaters with four or five 100' to 200' main lake cuts.The lake is shaped like your hand giving the peace sign.Limestone bluffs along some walls with old standing timber, any ideas as where to start?Do wipers have the urge to spawn even though they can't?Do wipers run upstream?I know to find the shad to find the fish, but have not been able to hook any.
    THE DANGED OLE MEGLO-MART DONE BLOWED UP!

Post Thanks / Like

Look for large flats, or big humps with your electronics. If you see schools of baitfish, they will be there. I usually fish with live shad or large shiners on the bottom. If they are busting the top, just about any lure will work. I like to throw crankbaits or grubs. Look for birds swooping down at baitfish. I have only good into them a few times when they are in the jumps. The live bait bottom method works well for me.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944