Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chautauqua Lake Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chautauqua Lake Update

I used to fish Chautauqua Lake all the time. Was catching some nice Crappie there. Hows the fishing been the last few years?

Post Thanks / Like

lets hear from the west side of n.y.?? keep checking hunterclub we will find out for ya.....Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to here someone else who fish lake chautauqua, I grew up fishing that lake over 20 yrs ago, the main spot was called the saw-mill, I remember the crappie was just over abundant there.
    I have been following the lake from time to time, and toward the end of the lake (west side) there is great fishing there, a hotel has been placed there since I last was there, but the water depth very's to about 20ft the fishing reports seem to show that as a hot spot (when they tell), I will look for the map again and post it.
    Good fishing
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.

Post Thanks / Like

hear is the map showing the "we wan chu" hotel marking, I hope this shows, not great at posting maps.

[imghttp://www.wewanchu.com/lakemap.htm/img]
    Last edited by papermouth scaler; 06-21-2005 at 02:40 PM. Reason: no picture
    mike (papermouth scaler)

"fish on!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

keep trying mike!!

Post Thanks / Like

lol
    Yeah im having a terrible time here, but you can still view the map by copy and paste here, http://www.wewanchu.com/lakemap.htm

sorry about extra post.
    mike (papermouth scaler)

"fish on!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

that's a goog map mike...I have a freind who lives in mayville, looks like 17 goes across the lake?? might be good crappie fishing under the bridge at night..will have to investigate...thanks for the onfo...dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfilet
    that's a goog map mike...I have a freind who lives in mayville, looks like 17 goes across the lake?? might be good crappie fishing under the bridge at night..will have to investigate...thanks for the onfo...dave
    Dave, we used to fish chataucqua back when the usa crappie derbies were going on. Near the bridge is beamus point and above the bridge on the east side was always good. Did'nt have a boat big enough to go to far away. Launch was always busy on weekend so we would try to fish during the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfilet
    nice,
    your friend may be familier with the fishing there also, because I have heard reports of killer crappie fishing from the boat on the mayville end, as im sure you have seen by the awsome water depth in that area, and yeah under the bridge looks excellent, anyway good luck =)
    mike (papermouth scaler)

"fish on!!!"