Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Patoka

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patoka

I have visited this site for a few months now and posted a few thoughts on some fishing around centeral indiana and i must say the info you guys and gals share on here is great. I am heading to Patoka for the first time and needed some answers form the Patoka experts. I am staying in a floating cabin at Potaka Lake Marina and was wanting to know where is a good place to buy minnows? Where are some good fishing holes and if the fish are biting? Any responses will make my man's weekend even better than it already is going to be.

Thanks

roachman

Post Thanks / Like

Buy minnow's at poor boys on st rd 145, fishing spots Painter creek, South Lick and Osborne area are all good

Post Thanks / Like

Poor boys has very good bait. If you are buying more than 5 dozen, just buy a 1/2 lb. I think they charge $5.50 for 1/2 lb and you get more minnows then you will if you buy them by the dozen.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Northern Indiana and have never been to Patoka Lake and was wondering what the average size is for crappie and what is there main food source?

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka has shad in it, crappie catch alot of small one's 7-10" but it has the big one's in it you just have to find them.