PDA

View Full Version : Thieves at Grenada

Uncle BS
05-05-2008, 02:51 PM
First time to ever fish the lake and somebody made off with my tie-downs. The next day, my buddy had his adapter stolen off the truck.

pstone
05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Sorry to hear that. There are thieves everywhere... What ramp? Greysport?

kennylee
05-05-2008, 03:41 PM
They should be hung like horse theives!
I'v got over a dozen locks on my boat and trailer, heck, I had to engrave each one so I know where it goes, my key ring looks like a nightwatchmen's set,lol.

cjbrewer5
05-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I went out Fri. afternoon at the local marina at Lake Brownwood and left my stringer and minnow bucket and came back Sat. morning and it had been stolen. It takes a real lowlife to steal someones stringer and monnow bucket. Just shows you what this world is coming to.

Jignjim
05-05-2008, 04:19 PM
It's not just at the boat ramps, we have a cabin at Grenada and it has been broken into about 15 times. One time they took our stove and refrigerator.

Uncle BS
05-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Sorry to hear that. There are thieves everywhere... What ramp? Greysport?

They got the tie-downs at Greysport (south) and the plug at the Gums ramp. I usually put them in the truck and lock it but I had already locked the truck and just put them in the bed, lucky I locked up my motor-toter.

luvjign
05-05-2008, 05:09 PM
There's an abundance of thieves everywhere, and boat ramps are just one of many prime areas that's handy for them to perform. Fortunately, I haven't had anything taken, but if it can be stolen, they're gonna have to cut a lock, or bust some glass.........that's hitch, trailer, and anything else. Sorry you had this happen. It gives a sour first impression of the lake.

I go to Grenada Landing frequently to eat lunch. One day last week, there were two trucks/trailers in the parking lot. One (from TN) had several assembled jig poles hanging out the back of the pickup........not another soul around. They may have been taken later.......hope they weren't, but if they had've been mine.......I wouldn't expect to see them when I got back.

GRIZZ
05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I once left a cooler with 6 walleyes in it between 27 and 29 inches in it at a marina for a couple hours because we were coming back to fish more. While we were gone someone stole the cooler and the fish. I hope they choked on em. A couple weeks later my buddy and I were fishing the marina again and a guy stops by to fish. While We were fishing the guy mentions that his buddy found a cooler here with these monster walleyes in it and took it. He was telling this story laughing and like he was proud of it. I casually asked what his buddies name was and the guy turns and looks at me and my buddy who are both intently looking at him with blood in our eyes. The guy turns tail and bolts. He was probably the thief. It wasn't worth chasing him and I have never seen him again. It was worth seeing the look on the idiots face when he realized it was our cooler he was bragging about. Moron!

shipahoy41
05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Stuff like that really PO's me big time. I had my boat stolen once. When I got it back, a lot of damage was done to it. I have my pistol permit and my pistol with me whenever I head out now. It is a sad reflection on just how lowdown some folk are!

Miller
05-05-2008, 08:30 PM
I once left a cooler with 6 walleyes in it between 27 and 29 inches in it at a marina for a couple hours because we were coming back to fish more. While we were gone someone stole the cooler and the fish. I hope they choked on em. A couple weeks later my buddy and I were fishing the marina again and a guy stops by to fish. While We were fishing the guy mentions that his buddy found a cooler here with these monster walleyes in it and took it. He was telling this story laughing and like he was proud of it. I casually asked what his buddies name was and the guy turns and looks at me and my buddy who are both intently looking at him with blood in our eyes. The guy turns tail and bolts. He was probably the thief. It wasn't worth chasing him and I have never seen him again. It was worth seeing the look on the idiots face when he realized it was our cooler he was bragging about. Moron!

I would have loved to seen that

Luke77
05-05-2008, 08:41 PM
That's why I go fishing as much as I can - to get away from idiots, but I guess idiots are everywhere and ya always need to be on guard.

78mudbug
05-05-2008, 09:00 PM
a few years ago a buddy and i stopped by the local wal mart and he bought a new abu garcia gold max spinning reel and a new berkley lightning rod.afterwards we went fishing at bledsoe creek in bethpage tn.we always park on a dead end road and cross a field to get there and wade fish.he didnt take it along with him cause he had a ultra light also .so we are gone fishing a couple hours and when we get back someone cut his vinyl window in the back of his geo tracker and stole his new rod and reel that had never been strung.good news for the theif is we didnt see him cause my friend has a permit and a 9mm taurus at all times.also the funny thing is there is only 4 houses on this road and its 3 miles to the dead end .this has probably happened alot back there

PapermouthLegend
05-05-2008, 09:21 PM
The only thing I can say about thieves is that I hope I never catch one in the act. They sure as S$%T can't whip all three of us.......................Me, Smith & Wesson! :mad::mad:;)

Uncle BS
05-06-2008, 08:47 AM
The thing that troubles me is the items that were stolen could only be used on a boat. I had a cooler and other items in the bed of the truck that were not touched so I kind of believe it was another fisherman. Every ramp we put in at was nice and clean and not very crowded and I saw Ranger trucks everywhere. Not a bunch of people hanging around. Guess I will have to be more careful next time, ~live and learn~.

BTW- Does the wind ever not blow like a cyclone on that lake, we fished all over it and could not get out of it anywhere.

I gotta bite
05-06-2008, 08:55 AM
It's sad how things have changed. I remember back in the 70's and early 80's when I was growing up, when daddy and I went fishing he wouldnt even take the keys out of the truck. Sometimes we would be out until dark but nothing was ever touched!! I miss those days!!

Slipped Cork
05-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Amen bite.

pstone
05-06-2008, 12:04 PM
That's a BIG negative.... it's been like that all spring......:(:mad:

BTW- Does the wind ever not blow like a cyclone on that lake, we fished all over it and could not get out of it anywhere.

WestTennCrappie
05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I thought I would chime in here!

I agree that there are thieves everywhere, and I am sure most people have a story to tell, but as long as I have fished reelfoot I hae never had anything taken from me and I am bad about hurrying up and leaving things laying in the truck, or leaving the truck unlocked.

However, the one time I went to Grenada, someone stole the gas out of my firend's (Cracker) gas tank while we gone for a short time. The next day a seat came up missing fromt he same boat, but that one could possibly be explained.

Its just wierd hearing about alot of this happening at Grenada, and someone stole from us there too. It had to be fishermen I guess, they didnt take anyhting but the 50:1 gas......

kennylee
05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
All this theiving talk reminded me about 10 to 15 years ago they broke up a couple of the theives that were going to Lake of Ozarks, MO., thousands of docks, and stealing boating and fishing gear and selling it at flee markets on the weekends.

But on the other hand last year fishing at Mark Twain Lake MO., my buddy put me in ran up and parked, and we didn't find out until we returned 7 to 8 hrs. later that after parking the truck he forgot something got back in the truck and left the keys hanging in the door, lol

gone_fishing
05-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I had a cooler stolen in Iowa when we were out there pheasant hunting. They took our cooler some beer and food while we were hunting the field our truck was parked in.