Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thieves at Grenada

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thieves at Grenada

First time to ever fish the lake and somebody made off with my tie-downs. The next day, my buddy had his adapter stolen off the truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. There are thieves everywhere... What ramp? Greysport?

Post Thanks / Like

They should be hung like horse theives!
    I'v got over a dozen locks on my boat and trailer, heck, I had to engrave each one so I know where it goes, my key ring looks like a nightwatchmen's set,lol.
    Feathers, Fins & Fur. catch it, kill it, fry it or grill it
    97 Nitro 185 Blu/Wht 120 Mec.

Post Thanks / Like

I went out Fri. afternoon at the local marina at Lake Brownwood and left my stringer and minnow bucket and came back Sat. morning and it had been stolen. It takes a real lowlife to steal someones stringer and monnow bucket. Just shows you what this world is coming to.
    It's not a passion! It's A very bad obsession!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just at the boat ramps, we have a cabin at Grenada and it has been broken into about 15 times. One time they took our stove and refrigerator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone View Post
    Sorry to hear that. There are thieves everywhere... What ramp? Greysport?
    They got the tie-downs at Greysport (south) and the plug at the Gums ramp. I usually put them in the truck and lock it but I had already locked the truck and just put them in the bed, lucky I locked up my motor-toter.

Post Thanks / Like

There's an abundance of thieves everywhere, and boat ramps are just one of many prime areas that's handy for them to perform. Fortunately, I haven't had anything taken, but if it can be stolen, they're gonna have to cut a lock, or bust some glass.........that's hitch, trailer, and anything else. Sorry you had this happen. It gives a sour first impression of the lake.

I go to Grenada Landing frequently to eat lunch. One day last week, there were two trucks/trailers in the parking lot. One (from TN) had several assembled jig poles hanging out the back of the pickup........not another soul around. They may have been taken later.......hope they weren't, but if they had've been mine.......I wouldn't expect to see them when I got back.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

I once left a cooler with 6 walleyes in it between 27 and 29 inches in it at a marina for a couple hours because we were coming back to fish more. While we were gone someone stole the cooler and the fish. I hope they choked on em. A couple weeks later my buddy and I were fishing the marina again and a guy stops by to fish. While We were fishing the guy mentions that his buddy found a cooler here with these monster walleyes in it and took it. He was telling this story laughing and like he was proud of it. I casually asked what his buddies name was and the guy turns and looks at me and my buddy who are both intently looking at him with blood in our eyes. The guy turns tail and bolts. He was probably the thief. It wasn't worth chasing him and I have never seen him again. It was worth seeing the look on the idiots face when he realized it was our cooler he was bragging about. Moron!
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 05-05-2008 at 08:14 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stuff like that really PO's me big time. I had my boat stolen once. When I got it back, a lot of damage was done to it. I have my pistol permit and my pistol with me whenever I head out now. It is a sad reflection on just how lowdown some folk are!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    I once left a cooler with 6 walleyes in it between 27 and 29 inches in it at a marina for a couple hours because we were coming back to fish more. While we were gone someone stole the cooler and the fish. I hope they choked on em. A couple weeks later my buddy and I were fishing the marina again and a guy stops by to fish. While We were fishing the guy mentions that his buddy found a cooler here with these monster walleyes in it and took it. He was telling this story laughing and like he was proud of it. I casually asked what his buddies name was and the guy turns and looks at me and my buddy who are both intently looking at him with blood in our eyes. The guy turns tail and bolts. He was probably the thief. It wasn't worth chasing him and I have never seen him again. It was worth seeing the look on the idiots face when he realized it was our cooler he was bragging about. Moron!
    I would have loved to seen that
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast