Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Did Anybody Go Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did Anybody Go Out

this past weekend? I got out on Sunday, but only for bass fishing (did reasonably well). Water temp 58-60. Saw quite few fish on the sonar holding tight to subm brush. Caught one gill on a bass crankbait. :D But didn't seriously go after the panfish.

Post Thanks / Like

caught around 20 nice crappie.
    ITS LIKE BASEBALL PITCHIN,HITTIN,CATCHIN

Post Thanks / Like

20 nice crappies sounds good, hunter. Rathbun probably, right? I haven't caught a nice crappie since last Oct.

This weekend I believe I'll start hitting the panfish seriously, which means I leave the bass equipment at home to limit my options/distractions.

Post Thanks / Like

rathbun 2' deep but only in certain spots.
    ITS LIKE BASEBALL PITCHIN,HITTIN,CATCHIN

Post Thanks / Like

my son and I went out last Sunday and fished for crappie, not a bite one! We quit that and drove to Jester to try for bass. My son caught one 4lb bass on his crappie pole and lost two others when the line snapped both times. He was fishing for bluegill and I didn't have a bite all day. My son is thirteen and it was fun watching him catch his first big bass.
    I will defend her still today!

Post Thanks / Like

A 4-pdr! What is that, about 20" or so? That must have been a hog to land on a crappie rig!

I went ultra light last year using 4-pd line on my crappie rod. But after missing a number of nice bass as your boy did I switched back to 6-pd. I hate the feeling of losing a hooked fish.

Went to Macbride for a couple hours yesterday and suffered a major skunking. Wind made things difficult. I heard reports of crappie in the shallows along the rocks earlier in the afternoon. But I caught not a whiff.

Post Thanks / Like

The bass was 3lb 9oz by our electronic scale. He actually landed it by hand over hand because the reel couldn't handle the fish. I later found out that he tightened the drag and his line snapped as soon as he set the hook on the other two he lost.
    I will defend her still today!