Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bimini top and traveling down the road?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bimini top and traveling down the road?

I see some people that leave there Bimini top standing up, but folding up and the cover on it. While going down the road. Anyone been doing this and not tearing there tops up?
    Mine moves some and not sure that is the best thing to do. Also not able to fold it toward the back of the boat. As the Tiller handle gets in the way. and also can't tilt the motor up if I leave it laying between the tiller handle and motor.
    Anyone have some ideals?
    pete

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If the cover is on it, I would think it would be ok. I'm not quite sure what you have, but our pleasure boat has a bimini top. We do keep it folded up in the storage area near the motor. However, it does have a cover that could be put on it and leave it in place on the boat, folded.
    Unfolded, it would surely tear it up.
    As long as the connections are secure where they wouldnt' wiggle loose with vibration, I'd go with it.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Back when I had one I used a set of these supports; http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...l&N=4887&Nty=1
    They keep the top up out of the way, makes it very easy to put the top up, and the cover is very easy to put on.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    Back when I had one I used a set of these supports; http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...l&N=4887&Nty=1
    They keep the top up out of the way, makes it very easy to put the top up, and the cover is very easy to put on.
    I like that ideal thanks.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I rented a power boat on Lake Powell in Arizona last summer and it had one on it. It was pretty tight and didn't flap or wiggle much and the people there said the boat would go between 45-48 mph and we were in a constant 20 mph wind the whole day and I didn't see any problem with it or any of the others on the lake that were going faster than we were with them on their boats. I would think that they would hold up good on a smooth road better than they would in a choppy-windy lake, but I don't know for sure cause that's been the only dealings I've ever had with one.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns