Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secrets On The Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Secrets On The Water

Hey guys as I promised to tell you. The number one thing I do on the water is hide sunken brush/fish attractors. As a guide it's so important to get your clients on fish as soon as possible and I don't have time to hunt fish and hope I find them for my clients. If you put out hidden attractors, it brings the fish to you. I have 50 secret brush piles put out and I have every one marked on GPS or Log book with landmarks. I like to put them on the sunrise side of objects where fish hold in the low light and coolness of the morning and stay in the attractor with the shade of the evening. This works in waters with no cover and even in lakes with cover. Trim the branches if needed or use attractors that allow the fish to move easily between them and allows you the gently work your baits between them. If you find a place with a fair bite happening, you can often concentrate the fish and turn the bite into the motherload by sinking attractors in the area. Also you may want to use a good topo and your electronics to find key places to sink the attractor. I promise if you take the time to do this you'll have your own Secrets On The Water for years to come. Good Luck CrappiePro
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

Only problem is its illegal to do that in Indiana. I wrote IDNR a few years ago about putting attractors in Indiana they replied its illegal.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to put some attractors in Cataract, so I stopped at the DNR office there, told them what I wanted to do, showed them a pictures of the attractors I have made and got the OK to put them in. Also found out they were planning on putting some in.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a fact. It is illegal in Indiana to put fish attractors in state waters. I put some in my own pond and my neighbors wonders why all the fish hang around my house. They think I am feeding them. It is illegal in Indiana to put out fish attractors. The best thing we can do is go out when the water levels are down and mark stumps, brush, ledges, etc...
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

That's just shear ignorance. Just what we need, more government intervention in our fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with you all. my favorite lake is in eastern ky and is controled by the coprs of engineers. i ask about putting out bamboo condos and they not only gave me permission but just in case the dnr caught me doing this the corps of engineers gave me a permit for a year and will renew anytime i want. i had the permit lamanated and keep it on my boat.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Yes all, please check your local and state game and fish laws before doing this. Don't want to get any body in trouble. If them game wardens are worried about you putting out a natural habitat for fish, I guess they are really on top of things. Here's a tip, just put em out at night that way they can't see ya. Jus kidding...CrappiePro
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

In NYS, it's legal, BUT.... depending on the type of cover you plan to sink, a permit may be required. Contact the permit administrator for your DEC region and get a determination of need for a permit in writing. Also, depending on how property lines are laid out on a particular body of water, especially if someone's property lines extend out under a body of water, you would need permission from the landowner(s) in question.

I got this info straight from the NYS DEC.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys just broke my heart. I have been stocking up on PVC given to me by some buddies at the electric company, also have been collecting buckets from various job sites. Was getting ready to make my condos to put here in some of my favorite fishing holes. I guess its good to know before I put all that work in.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

We can't do any of that stuff in WI.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast