Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about drift buckets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about drift buckets

I used a 5 gallon bucket for the first time today to slow my trolling speed down. With my motorguide set on its lowest setting I generally run 1.1 on the GPS with no wind. With the bucket I slowed down to .7 which I liked alot. My question is I have heard some people post about drilling holes in the bucket, does this slow you down more? or just make the bucket more stable in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

just my thought if you driled holes in the bucket you could actually tune your speed cause if you would put holes in it it would let water go through the bucket ( not hold you back as much ) but that would depend on how big you drilled and how many and also when it was time to get the bucket out of the water it would be an easier lift when the water run out the holes just my 2 cents

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Take 3 buckets, drill a bucket with no holes, 10 holes and 20 holes then stack them inside each other so they don't take a lot of room on your boat. Depending on the wind, use the bucket that offers the least resistance. It does effect your speed.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.