Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Spinning Reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Spinning Reel

First off let me say. I have tried almost every brand of reel throughout the last 25 years. Nothing I have found compares to Shimano in Quality and durability. I'm a die hard Shimano man. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Browning Citori spinning reel and was completly blown away by how SMOOTH this reel is. I don't know if it's the 8 ball bearings or what. If you ever get a chance to try one out. I highly recomend it.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Arn't those made in Japan? I heard they imported Largemouth bass over there just for fishing they take it so seriously. I wonder if they brought crappies too. I would love to hear what the largest one caught there's weight was. I wonder where else in the world you can fish for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default is that a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Crapbie
    Arn't those made in Japan? I heard they imported Largemouth bass over there just for fishing they take it so seriously. I wonder if they brought crappies too. I would love to hear what the largest one caught there's weight was. I wonder where else in the world you can fish for crappie
    Yes I believe so Crapbie. At least most of the parts to the reel. I bet you can count how many reels are made in the USA on one hand Even the ones that are made in USA don't use american made components. Reguardless this is one fine reel. As smooth as any of my Shimano's. I can only hope it last as long as my Shimano's. I have Shimano reels that are 25 years old and still work as good as the day I bought them
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a reason Shimano make such great reels. Fishing products are small stuff for them. They make about 85% of all the gears in all the cars you drive. They are the biggest gear manufacture in the world. So making gears for reel is easy when you have the finest gear Mfg. stuff available.

Most of my reels are Shamino (baitcast and spinning) except for a few catfishing reels that are penn. Just didn't want to spend so much for catfishing reels.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    First off let me say. I have tried almost every brand of reel throughout the last 25 years. Nothing I have found compares to Shimano in Quality and durability. I'm a die hard Shimano man. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Browning Citori spinning reel and was completly blown away by how SMOOTH this reel is. I don't know if it's the 8 ball bearings or what. If you ever get a chance to try one out. I highly recomend it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I checked BPS and they sell for $99.99 and weigh 10 oz. Is that the same reel?
    http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whiz

Yes that is the reel. I got mine from BPS in there spring sale for $59.99
    Money well spent I might add.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me offer a little insight on Browning rods and reel, they are made overseas, they are now a liscensed product owned by BPS and only available from them. They are quite smooth and good quality. The original Browning reels were made by Shimano as were Lew's Speed Spools.The Browning reels may still be made by Shimano for Bass Pro Shop, that I am not sure about, but I doubt it. Lew's Speed Spools are now owned by the company that owns Zebco, Quantum and others.I know this because I am in the fishing industry as a rep and have friends now or have in the rep these products.
    Very little in the fishing industry is made in the US anymore, maybe 10%.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pig,

Boutght my first Shimano back in the early 80's. I think I am down to one or 2 reels out of about 16 that aren't Shimano. I learned the hard way, that you get what you pay for. Not only are they smooth, but they DO hold up as well. Hope your Browning holds up as well.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Good Reels

I have two Browning Medallion baitcasters I bought last year. They seem to be made well and are holding up well. After a year of a lot of fishing they as smooth as if I just took them out of the box, casting and reeling.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had mabye 5 baitcasters, one manual ambassitor that wont die... One Shimano which I wore out in 2 seasons. (crank handle bushing.) It went in the fishing drawer. Next i got a Ambassitor with mags and quick change spools.Loaned to buddy and he lost spool assembly in gravel pit.Went in fishing drawer.I get brain storm to fix reels.After the runaround with japanese reels,parts that are on backorder, I broke down and bought 4 PENN 4200 SS stainless salt water open face reels.Made in PA. broke a handle and had one in 2 days. unlike the japanese reels, it will be the same reel in 5 years. The japanese equipment ARE silky smooth,but styles last about 6 weeks and than when repairs are due.......take a number.I still use my abu/ambas much but pan fishing i like my Penns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast