Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New public water in Maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Default New public water in Maryland

Always on the lookout for new water; don't want to wear out our welcome at the local holes.
    A resident of north-central Frederick county, I spend a lot of time at Woodsboro Pond and Whittier Lake. They both hold respectable Crappie, but I've yet to find any real 'slabs', say something over 11"

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Papermouth44 View Post
    Always on the lookout for new water; don't want to wear out our welcome at the local holes.
    A resident of north-central Frederick county, I spend a lot of time at Woodsboro Pond and Whittier Lake. They both hold respectable Crappie, but I've yet to find any real 'slabs', say something over 11"
    Welcome to the board from S.C. glad to see someone on the Maryland site.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Md board

Welcome to the Crappie.com board,all i can say it's long over due. I live in South Central Pa.only 10 miles to the Md line and fish quite often in Md.Ihope more fisherman from Md will take advantage of this great web site and post their catches etc.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from missouri,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mike.
    It's feast or famine here with the Crappie. One day you actually get tired of catching fish, and the next day, same water, you can't BUY a bite. But at least I'm catching some, which is more than I could say up until about 2 weeks ago. Went virtually all winter and early spring getting skunked every time; weirdest cold-weather season I can remember.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Keep on trying, cause sooner or later you will find them.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

vinyard987 Guest

Default Try Little Seneca lake\

Have you ever tried fishing little Seneca Lake?( it is in black hills park about 15 miles south of frederick 505 acre lake) I fished there all last summer and cought alot of fish. This year I am deployed to kuwait but will be home in a few weeks and cant wait to get back to catching fish.
    Last edited by vinyard987; 07-14-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinyard987 View Post
    Have you ever tried fishing little Seneca Lake?( it is in black hills park about 15 miles south of frederick 505 acre lake) I fished there all last summer and cought alot of fish. This year I am deployed to kuwait but will be home in a few weeks and cant wait to get back to catching fish.
    Been to Black Hills a few times when I had a boat, but spent more time solving battery problems than fishing. I'm told there are some NICE Crappie back in one of the coves to the left, but I haven't made it that far yet. The standing timber near the ramp looks like it should be great for Crappie, but I haven't had any luck there.