Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mountain Slabbin'

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Mountain Slabbin'

Folks it's Wed. already, so i guess we'd better get our plan together. From what i gather, Eric is the wild card. You get off at 2:30, we've got a 2 1/2 hour drive. That puts us there around 5 (thirtish) which is great. Slab, what do you think is the best plan of action in regards to meeting Eric. If it makes sense to take hiway 2, then we can pick him up. But if that leads to us backtracking, then we can meet him somewhere. Personally, I'd like to have my first Walleye by 6:15 (last time the guys fishing off the bridge, caught hella small mouth and walleye early in the morning). You guys can map that one out and I'm cool with it anyway you want to go. I get off at midnight, and "Cajuns don't sleep".

Second, as far as when we come back, I'm cool either way. I've got a **** load of outdoors gear. Tent, portable stove, gallons of propane etc. I can fit the tent and the stove in Slabs tackle box :D I've got lanterns and all the crap we'll need to do some night fishing also. I'll bring all that and a change of clothes. If "they're fixin to turn on", then we'll stay until they do. We can always get a room if need be. Just let me know, and we can "Did" that.

Third, for your enjoyment and to drive Eric crazy (to make sure his excitement won't allow him to get any sleep for the next couple of nights). I've uploaded pics from when me and Eric went fishing at Sams, and the Walleye pic from me and Slabs last adventure to Moses............
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by CajunChris1; 07-28-2004 at 12:26 PM.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Eric's not gonna get a wink of sleep before the trip if you post one more pic. Just to make sure he doesn't....I posted some pics of the fish caught out there over the last week in a new thread :D.

I think it might be best if Eric meets us out there. Seems like the best way to do it, to avoid to much running around. Plus I'd love to meet him at the dock with a fresh caught 5lb Walleye and may be a 4lb smallmouth .

Post Thanks / Like

I took a good look at the maps on mapquest.com and it looks like we can just take Hwy2 to Hwy 97 and that will drop us onto I-90 on the other side of the pass. Hell, let's just pick him up and head out from there. We'll need you to send one of us some directions Eric, or an address I can plug into mapquest.

This is gonna be a fun trip. Better bring lots of water (aka...beer :D) because it's going to be 100 degrees this weekend out there.

eric Guest

OK guys,I lost my 1st night of sleep bacause of those pics,I couldnt stop thinking about the new ones were gona have!chris,if it sounds like a plan to head this way I will put the directions on here,Ill pitch in on gas also.
    From I,5 north take exit 189,the broadway-Everett Mall Way exit,the exit will branch off to the right,you want to follow it to the right to the stop light where you want to take a left onto NORTH 527,which will take you up and over I,5.you want to stay to your right and you come to your next light which is Everett Mall Way,take a right and about 1 block down there is a shell gas station on your left,I can meet you guys there by 3:00 am.I will have my cell on so call me if you need to.
    I hope Im not bringing to much fishing gear,I have 2 crappie poles and 2 bass pole and a catfish pole.did you guys bring fish home from mardon,I was wondering about dry ice and an axtra cooler?

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a plan. Slab give me a call when you get off, and we can make final arrangements. I'll be home at 12:30, we can leave to pick up Eric anytime after that. I'm going to SportCo today so if you guys need anything let me know...........
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChris1
    sounds like a plan. Slab give me a call when you get off, and we can make final arrangements. I'll be home at 12:30, we can leave to pick up Eric anytime after that. I'm going to SportCo today so if you guys need anything let me know...........
    Roger that. I'll give ya call on my way to the bait shop after work. Now if I can just make this damn clock at work move a little faster :D .

I got your message late last night Eric so didn't call back but bring an ice chest if you plan on bring back some fish. I won't be keeping any crappies, have a freezer full of 'em and salmon fillets. But I will be packing back a Walleye or two .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabKing
    Roger that. I'll give ya call on my way to the bait shop after work. Now if I can just make this damn clock at work move a little faster :D .

I got your message late last night Eric so didn't call back but bring an ice chest if you plan on bring back some fish. I won't be keeping any crappies, have a freezer full of 'em and salmon fillets. But I will be packing back a Walleye or two .
    Same here, I got your call but I was asleep, resting up for the big trip. Hey Eric, where's the bar you work at. Maybe we can come by and close the joint down tonight..............
    "GET THE NET!!"