Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chaunc, How was KY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chaunc, How was KY

I see you are back when you responded to the spawn post. Hope you had a great trip. Are you going to let us in on how you did, and how about some pics? Always look forward to your posts, usually very informative!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The trip was great. Brought home over thirty pounds of fillets. Got 3 crappies that were real close to 2lbs,lots over a pound, and some huge channel cats. I got saugers, lmb, smb, and loads of big bluegills. Had a tough time landing those cats by myself. I dont have a digital yet but i did take some pics. I'll post them later this weekend. It cost me over a hundred bucks for gas to get there.... and ninety to get home. It was well worth it tho. Had a great time there. I'm going back next month for a week of shellcracker fishing. They should be on the beds then.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a nice trip. I guess you wish your tow rig was as economical as that Honda you're running. Do you rent a cabin and do everthing yourself, or do you go with a camp or guide service? Someday me and the bride are gonna hafta take a trip down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Chaunc,How was KY

Sounds like you're ready for a Fish Fry! Good Job on catching so many!

The fishin here has been okay depending on the weather?

Are you going back down to pan fish?

Kermit
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I rent a cabin with a kitchenette and cook my own meals. Dont need a guide anymore as i've been going for 18 years. I know the area where i fish pretty good. Kermit, yes i'm going panfishing......... hope to catch a few cast iron skillets.....just kiddin. Shellcrackers are redear sunfish. Some get to be over a pound and a half. I got a couple last year that size. And they taste great too. If i did my homework right, i'll get a bunch more.