Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Headed to Salamonie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headed to Salamonie

Hey guys im off to Salamonie tomorrow. I have never fished it because Mis. is closer for me. My girlfriends dad loves the place so we are going together. Does anyone have any pointers for me? Any info on a starting point or what they are hitting on would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I always put in at mt etna, and have luck fishing the bank west of the ramp.

I use minnows under slip bobber, move your depth until you find them. Some reason I catch more than my buddy, I use a red hook..............:D

Hope this helps and good luck... I'm going up in a week or so, myself......

Scott........

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scott. I use the red hooks as well. I even use them on most of my jigs. Hope you have a good day on the water, but leave some for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

And leave a few for ole Lund_A14 here as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Well i left em all at Sal. last weekend. I went to an old gravel pit by Laf. instead. I didnt do too bad though, kept 9 around 11 inches and landed 2 lrg mouth around 5 lbs. Not as many as i wanted but at least i wasnt doing yard work or stuck in the office like today. Im sitting here at work on the nice day of the weekend and we have mothers day, wind, and rain tomorrow. Oh well maybe next week Ill do better. Hope you guys tear em up.