Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MTL or ????

Post Thanks / Like

Question MTL or ????

Can't get away today as the boy is playing for first place, in a high school baseball tournament. But we're going to turkey hunt in the mornin' tomorrow (Sunday), just outside of Montgomery City. I figured we'd give that a few hours then head up to MTL for some crappie. Unfortunately, the reports are less than encouraging...

Anybody have a current report on MTL? Any chance it has turned on yet? Eventually, those fish will come near the banks and/or want to bite...

Post Thanks / Like

haven't been lately but heard reports they are biting a little at shell branch, was going to go today but it's blowing 25mph and lite rain, don't mind the rain but wind and rain both made me back out, think i.ll just hit some local docks.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard anything but "fair" and tomorrow is supposed to be better than today, weather-wise. I'm heading up there and to try it out- it can't be any worse than Pomme was a couple weeks ago.

markt6 Guest

Default MT update

Caught 19 keepers Thursday evening and Friday morning from about 10 - noon. All were 10 to 13 inches and caught right on the bank with jigs about 8" deep. Only had 5 smaller ones and we threw them back. Thursday we were near route U boatramp and Friday we went up in Lick creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of South Fork today, 2 keepers, with a couple getting off. Same deal, right on the bank. Water temp 55 at 7:30AM, by the time we left at roughly 3:30 we were seeing 70 in the very backs of some of the coves.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fished lick creek

caught 5 all good ones but fished very hard to get them with the biggest being 13 inches and very fat with eggs