Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Largest Crappie, North of 90 and West of 81?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Largest Crappie, North of 90 and West of 81?

Mine was last year. 13" caught on Mothers Day(2nd weekend in May)

Post Thanks / Like

State record came from North of 90 and West of 81... duck Lake.
    Black crappie that weighed in at 3lbs 12 oz.

I've caught several that were 14", but generally catch them in the 10-12" range.

Me, I'm still hoping to catch a 2 lber some day!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW... Finally a reply. I thought I was the only one fishing out here.Thanks Joejv4. Regarding "Duck Lake" kinda looks like a scarey neighborhood. I did a "drive buy" on the way home from work a few weeks ago, and all I could hear were Banjo's. I think it's safe to say , that I will not be fishing Duck Lake...... ever!!!!!!!!!! and I've been to some scarey places in my time.

Post Thanks / Like

What's wrong with Duck Lake? Got some friends around Governeur that fish it.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!

Awww don't be afraid of us 315'ers. Ain't nothing here like in that Burt Reynolds movie "Deliverance". I hardly know anybody that plays a banjo anymore

Now squeal like a pig!

Seriously though, I've lived in this neck of the woods for going on 20 years and it's really a nice area to live and raise a family - definitely not as bad as whatever you saw might have led you to believe when you did your drive-by. We're no different than any other rural area across the state. We're what John Cougar (Mellencamp) called "Small Town".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1&2 View Post
    What's wrong with Duck Lake? Got some friends around Governeur that fish it.
    Can't be anything wrong with it, in fact there must be something really right with it for your friends to make the trip down here from what we affectionately call "The North Country". We're talking in the neighborhood of a 4+ hour drive. Not to mention that they've got the St Lawrence River and tons of lakes in the Adirondacks close to home.

So what does that say to me? Says the Duck is a good place to fish if folks with great fishing in their own back yard are coming from that far away.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just bustin on you guys. Thats funny about the 315'ers. I like to stir stuff up a littlle. Good luck. Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Choked-up View Post
    I'm just bustin on you guys. Thats funny about the 315'ers. I like to stir stuff up a littlle. Good luck. Dan
    LOL!
    The whole 315'ers thing is a running gag over on the Wayne County Bass forum. We're considered a little more redneck-ish than the 585'ers or the 716'ers :D

I got my deer this year - with my truck on my way to work. Had the sheriff finish her with his side-arm and tag it for me. I got heckled for having to borrow a buck knife from a guy down the road to dress it. I was dressed in "office" clothes and only had a 2" pocket knife on me (the keychain type). What was said to me was "what kind of 315'er are you to not have your gun, knife, and some rope in your truck throughout deer season?" Funny thing is, I did have some rope to drag it out with (she ran across a corn field about 150 yards from the road) I must have looked pretty funny trudging across a corn field with a knife and a rope, dressed in blue dockers and a dress-shirt! Oh well, it put venison in the freezer, and with the luck I had hunting this year..., we'll just say that I got my only deer with the truck

Proud 315'er here! So what if my favorite color is Mossy Oak Break-up? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, You guys are gold. I started out life as a 716'er, and am now a 585'er. Life is getting better the farther East I live. Have you had any luck with the Crappie? I did real good(for my standards) with those warm days in late April, but have'nt been out the last two weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I've managed to put probably 75 in the freezer so far this year. Haven't gotten out as much as I'd like because I coach and umpire Little League, and of course the spring-time honey-do list is, as usual, longer than my arm.

Hoping to get back out again this weekend at least for a couple hours Saturday and Sunday AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast