Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on Son

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Son

I know it's been a long time since I gave any update info, but it's kind of been a wait and see type thing with him going to Doctors all around the country about what to do with his left foot. It's called drop foot I think and he can not move it, but is painful when he is on it a lot. They have said they could do what is called a bridle surgery, but it would leave him with not as much strength to push off as he had before and that would hurt his future.

So it's down to where he is going to have them take his left foot off so he can stay active in the military, He still wants to be able to jump out of air planes and return to a unit in Special Forces and that is probably the only way he can accomplish that. It looks like June will be the month for that and within a year after he will be returning to duty with a unit. Right now he still works for the Care Coalition for SOCOM (Special Oops) the base at Tampa.

I can't talk about what he will do later and I guess this will be the last update except for maybe after his foot is taken off and he gets what ever they give him to replace it, I will later tell everyone how his recovery is going then.

Thank You All For Your support and Prayers through out this ordeal.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to your son.

Post Thanks / Like

I have drop foot in my left one.I had a ruptured disk in my lower back,that's what caused mine.My foot is weak but usable after surgery.If his is alot worse than mine I cant imagine what your son is going through.Good luck and I'll send a prayer his way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slipped Cork View Post
    I have drop foot in my left one.I had a ruptured disk in my lower back,that's what caused mine.My foot is weak but usable after surgery.If his is alot worse than mine I cant imagine what your son is going through.Good luck and I'll send a prayer his way.
    He was hit by and IED and was lucky just to live. It blew his entire behind off and 3rd degree burns from just above his knees to his ankles. It was a very bad injury and has never regained the use of his foot. He has a brace that goes into his shoe from behind his leg that allows him to walk pretty normal, but no use of hit left foot.

Anyway most all is healed pretty well not except his foot. I mean he still has trouble with his skin behind his knee from the burns, but is going really great other than that darn foot and that has to get fixed some way so he can continue his military regular duty. He does not want to be in an office environment ans love being with an elite unit as he was and wants back into that. The only way that is going to happen is to lose the foot.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

best of luck and salutes to your son.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

When I hear about your son it makes me realize how much I take for granted everyday. God bless your son and his commitment to our country. He sounds like one tough person..good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip, Your family and son will be in our prayers. Its Heroes like you son that allow us the freedoms we have today. Please thank him for what he does.

Randy

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Our prayers are with him and you and yours
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update I hope he recovers and gets what he wants. Our prayers are with him
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast