Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jig Heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Heads

A fella on the lake the other day gave me some of these "Crappie Flappie Panfish Grubs". I caught a bunch of fish on them and well, now I'm out. I also was using a red jig head that he gave me. I am gonna order some of these jigs from BPS, but also want to get some heads. Problem is, I never know what size jig heads to get. Some will be too small (hook). Can someone recommend what size I would need with these? I noticed the head he gave me seemed to have a little longer shank which put the actual hook closer to where the jig splits instead of being a real small hook. Some jigs I've ordered before tend to be the right weight, but the hook and shank is too small. Anyway, here's the link to these grubs. Thanks for any info.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...007000_100-7-9
    Ranger B

Post Thanks / Like

Would you happen to be able to take a picture of the jig head next to a tape measure? I make virtually any hook size/weight combo possible, so I am sure I can make you what you need. I mostly make jigs with sickle hooks, but if you prefer standard aberdeen style hooks, I also have Mustad hooks like that as well as some VMC's and Matzuo's aberdeen hooks. Let me know. You can email a picture to [email protected] if you can do that.
    Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

Tom can do it too.

Tom, I'll be placing a small order in the near future.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TCI Fishing Lures View Post
    Would you happen to be able to take a picture of the jig head next to a tape measure? I make virtually any hook size/weight combo possible, so I am sure I can make you what you need. I mostly make jigs with sickle hooks, but if you prefer standard aberdeen style hooks, I also have Mustad hooks like that as well as some VMC's and Matzuo's aberdeen hooks. Let me know. You can email a picture to [email protected] if you can do that.
    Thank You
    I will try and remember to do that. How much do you charge? I do not know what size the head is (weight) so guess you can guestamate that from the picture. I'm not sure what a sickle hook is, but whatever you recommend for crappie will probably do fine.
    Ranger B

Post Thanks / Like

RangerBrown

I heartily recommend Tommy Crenshaw with TCI after several hundred jig orders from him. I mean when a guy extends an offer like that to make a jig, you know you are getting service. In this day and age, service seems to be forgotten concept except for someone like Tommy.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words Mud-Dabber.
    RangerBrown, I have a rather extensive selection, so if you want to browse through my ebay store, you are more than welcome to. The address is:
    http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-Lures
    You can buy through there, or outside of it, it doesn't really matter to me. Either way, I take PayPal, or you can mail a check or money order. Checks delay shipping for up to 10 days while they clear the bank. I'mm be out of town from 5/11-5/17, but anything placed and paid before that (as long as it's not a check) I will do my absolute best to get done and shipped before I leave. You will see the sickle hooks in my store. Almost everyone who uses them won't go back to a regular hook ever again. I feel they have their moments. I fish a lot of saltwater myself (I am located in central FL, so it's hard not to) and use mostly saltwater jig hooks that are stainless steel.
    If you can get that pic to me I can pretty much tell you what weight it is and the size hook. I had someone else send me a pic just like this, and I told him what size the hook was he was after. He paid me, got his jigs 4 days later, and said they were perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

TCI do you carry painted jig heads?

Post Thanks / Like

ejones1961

Tommy will paint them for you. He powder coats them for an additional costs, but it is minimal. Email him with your desired colors and I bet he will get back with you promptly. He has done mine in yellow chartruce, hot pink, green chartruce, white and the blazing orange.

Mud

Post Thanks / Like

I do paint the jigs per order. I prefer not to tie up my hooks with pre-painted jigs. I've had some that say around for ages. It's even hard to get rid of just pre-made ones sometimes, depending on the size. Just let me know what you want, size and weight, and also colors, and how many of each color, and I will send you back a price.
    Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

TCI I sent you a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast