PDA

View Full Version : Favorite fishing show?

Locator79
05-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Not alot of crappie shows on tv, but I know we all watch them. Whats your favorite? Im usually on the lake when they come on, but record them and watch when my wife lets me. I like IN-Fisherman critical concepts, they are not based on one type of fish. I can not stand beat Charlie Moore, guy is an idiot.

daltreypark
05-01-2008, 09:33 AM
There's some show that comes on that I always tape. It's probably one of the best one's out there. I can't really remember the name, it's something about the mad fisherman. It comes on saturdays at 730 eastern on espn.

Bruce Carp
05-01-2008, 09:34 AM
mid west crappie is the one to watch with russ bailey.

RangerBrown
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
One thing I always notice when they fish for crappie on the fishing shows they use ultra lights. I never seen one with someone just using the basic jig pole like we do here in Mississippi. I always enjoy Bill Dance, but he hardly ever does crappie shows...just bass mainly. I have the In Fisherman crappie DVD, it was pretty good except all his fishing was in a reservoir in Arizona. I always like to watch them fish from lakes that are similar to the ones I fish with stumps and grass, etc.

catman
05-01-2008, 11:05 AM
i probably enjoyed jimmy`s crappie shows as much as any fishing shows. i know what most people on here think of jimmy but i enjoyed his shows, i`ve done a few things in my life (which i won`t mention) that i ain`t so proud of myself. i also enjoy mark zona`s world`s best fishing show even if it`s always about bass, the guy`s funny.

rdant
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Either In-fisherman or Linder's show. They're the best on tv. Most only show bass fishing, thats were the money is.

ad1974
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I bought some of those Midwest Crappie dvd's and that is by far the best I've seen,I just wish I would get the channel it normally is televised on.

STUMP HUNTER
05-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Here in S.C. I have not found anyone that carries mid west crappie. Seen the ones on the inter net or should I say parts of shows, looks like it is a good show. So I have to stay with In-fisherman and Linder's.

TreednNC
05-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Hunt for Big Fish. That guy is such a jerk, but he flat out puts it on big fish and no shame using whatever method he has to use.

stinkies daddy
05-01-2008, 03:58 PM
I bought some of those Midwest Crappie dvd's and that is by far the best I've seen,I just wish I would get the channel it normally is televised on.

here you go! enjoy! there are a bunch midwest crappie shows follow the link

http://www.myoutdoortv.com/show-microsites/midwest-crappie.html

Outlaw1&2
05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
I like Bill Dance, just because, he's Bill Dance.. and Roland and Hank and those 3 good lookin chicks that fish salt water.

Smoky
05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Bill Dance!

KyTeacher
05-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Mid West Crappie with Russ Bailey.
Russ is a great guy with a show that gets better each year.

www.greenriverlakecrappietrips.com

JTMavs
05-01-2008, 08:41 PM
As far as Crappie Fishin - Don't get any better that Jimmy Houston! Other shows I like - World's Greatest Fishing Show with Zona. That guy is a RIOT!!! Also like Fishing with the Pros. Great tips and ideas put in amatuer terms. Really like Timmy Horton when he's on there. Day on the lake is good. I feel the same about Chrlie Moore. Seems to be a real tool!

wbl2014
05-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Charlie Moore is a " Moore-On " he is to loud. World's greatest fishing show, now thats good.

shipahoy41
05-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Angling Edge..............Al Linder

Slipped Cork
05-02-2008, 08:17 PM
My all time favorite was Billy Westmorland but he has passed on.Man he could catch those smallmouth bass.I've seen Wally Marshall a couple of time's.I wonder why he does'nt have a regular show? I'll watch anything from bluegill to whale fishing though.

Limb Snagger
05-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I've caught a few of Bill Dance's crappie shows and like them. He's a nut so I get a kick out of watching his bloopers! :D

The Bass Pros is a show about the trash fish but I do like it. I can learn more from Kevin Van Damm than anyone. Just his way of explaining things and my way of thinking seem to click. Now if he would do a crappie show! :rolleyes:

Eager Beaver
05-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I enjoy Jimmy Houston the most he really entertains along with educates on his shows. I like Wally Marshall too whenever he is on. I usually tape all the Crappie fishing shows and watch them as I do my work out in the mornings. I have quite a few tapes to choose from. Mr Paty's video has got to be one of the most informative that I have tho. He is closer to my style of fishing.

GRIZZ
05-03-2008, 12:59 AM
I don't watch tv. I fish. I did once download and watch a series of fishing programs called John Wilson's Fishing Adventures that was fantastic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wilson_(Fishing) I don't know what he's doing now, but I always liked Babe Winkelman. If I could download the InFisherman shows I'd watch them, and even though I've never seen his new show, Al linder is always a class act.

Notice something? All northern guys. There is something about watching the southern guys do TV shows that has always bored me. Guys like Jimmy, Bill and Roland and their like. The lovable knucklehead routine wears me out, though I must say I have never seen Roland do that, and watching Bill slam his rods in tailgates and wrapping more rods around his trolling motor props is funny.

If Zane Grey was alive today, he would make killer fishing shows. Turn off your TV and go pick up one of Zanes fishing books.

poppop
05-03-2008, 03:52 AM
I like Bill Dance...my wife and I watched his bloopers the other night and we both laughed until we cried...

ad1974
05-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Those Bill Dance bloopers are great,It makes me feel alittle less like a knucklehead for some of the stunts I pull when I see a pro pulling off worse.

Backlash
05-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Bill Dance, Hank Parker and yes Jimmy Houston. I realize he's not real popular on this site but he has had some pretty good crappie shows in the past.

M R Dux
05-03-2008, 08:02 AM
VIRGIL WARD!!

He was the only one who made fishing shows that wasn't a sell-out to the commercial interests. What I see on outdoor TV these days makes me change the channel--30 minute commercials by egomaniacs.

If I can't learn from it, I won't watch it.

I did like Billy Westmoreland. He seemed like the favorite uncle who would pass along anything he knew about fishing,eps. smallmouths. I think he was the only fisherman who had caught a 10 pound largemouth and 10 pound smally.

HarleyMan08
05-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Orlando Wilson, love his theme song, haha, but I enjoy Dance, Martin, & any if I can find them on at the time I'm watching TV.

unknown 5
05-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I put on about a Jimmy Houston crappie show a couple of week and Jimmy got bashed so much, the moderator finally put a block on the thread. There are several fishing shows doing crappie shows in the last couple of weeks. Lindner's Angling Edge Show is the best on TV but In-Fisherman, Jimmy Houston, and a couple of others have had crappie shows recently. If you can get the Vs channel, that is the channel with the good fishing shows. I get Vs on my Dish sattelite. I record all of the crappie shows I can and have for years. I put them on DVDs for storage. Russ's Midwest Crappie Shows are by far the best on DVD that you can buy with Ernest Paty a close second, (in my opinion). I watch them all, there is always something you can learn.:cool:

Have pole will fish
05-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Orlando Wilson and Virgel Ward? Oldies, what happened with them? Bill Dance ,Roland,Hank,and Houston have all come around to there being other fish than just bass. Usually they do keep some for eating.

sac-a-lait
05-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I like ANY outdoors show where the host ISN'T constantly saying "Well FOLKS we got another fish here" THAT GETS OLD REAL QUICK...FOLKS, FOLKS, FOLKS

Fred in Ky
05-04-2008, 06:36 PM
I really like Infisherman. They cover alot of tactics and fish. I watch every chance I get. I also like to watch Hank Parker.....he just seems like a good feller to me!

BleuGhill
05-04-2008, 07:57 PM
...Notice something? All northern guys. There is something about watching the southern guys do TV shows that has always bored me. Guys like Jimmy, Bill and Roland and their like. The lovable knucklehead routine wears me out...

Being a little parochial are we Grizz? [Sigh]...I confess - you're right; all 'us' southern boys rehearse the Gomer Pyle 'knucklehead routine' before we launch our boats . Just seems to help fish bite better for all of us! You should try it sometime!!

'Jimmy, Bill and their like' have really been role models for us all. :)

Slipped Cork
05-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey Grizz,if those knucklehead's are so boring why do you download and watch all those show's.I think you're really watchin them on a tv lol.

asklouis
05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
My favorite show is the Sunday afternoon boat ramp show at the lake early in the season. :) Sometimes I take my ice chest and lawn chair and watch from a shade tree.

Miller
05-04-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't think you can beat In-fisherman, or anything with Al Linder. But I like any Hunting or Fishing show if it is on the TV. I Like Wally Marshall quite a bit, he seems like just one of the guys and not to good to eat fish and just have fun fishing.

luvjign
05-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Notice something? All northern guys. There is something about watching the southern guys do TV shows that has always bored me. Guys like Jimmy, Bill and Roland and their like. The lovable knucklehead routine wears me outSame goes here from Dixieland about that In Fisherman bunch!!!

GRIZZ
05-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Being a little parochial are we Grizz? [Sigh]...I confess - you're right; all 'us' southern boys rehearse the Gomer Pyle 'knucklehead routine' before we launch our boats . Just seems to help fish bite better for all of us! You should try it sometime!!

'Jimmy, Bill and their like' have really been role models for us all. :)

Parochial - Good word! Its good to see someone who has a good vocabulary. Am I being narrow and unPC toward southerners? Naw, I love southerners. Maybe I just have a tough time trying to learn from someone who kisses all his fish and someone else who is likely to accidentally ram his fishin rod where the sun don't shine. I watch fishing shows more to learn than be entertained. Maybe thats why I like Al lindner and the InFisherman guys. They are technical and I almost always learn something I want to try when I see them and they seem to get their hands on obscure new tackle that I have to track down and try.

GRIZZ
05-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Same goes here from Dixieland about that In Fisherman bunch!!!

Yeah, us northerners can be smug know it alls sometimes, but we sure can catch fish. :P

luvjign
05-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, us northerners can be smug know it alls sometimes, but we sure can catch fish. :PI guess I'll just stay down here, and never learn how to catch fish.

russ
05-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the show comments guys. I really appreciate them. Look for some more shows on myoutdoortv.com I am going to send them some new ones this week.

Again, thanks!

Russ
www.midwestcrappie.com

BleuGhill
05-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Russ your TV shows are in a class all by themselves! Wish I could get them on my cable. But keep making them; maybe someday I'll get to see them all.

Uncle BS
05-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Tommy Wilcox Outdoors, but I am a BAMA fan, ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!