Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 787c2i update

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 787c2i update

Well finally got the 787c2i gps problem solved after sending the unit back 3 times I had 2 problems one was that it was taking 10-15 minutes for the unit to lock on to satellites every time you turned it they repaired it by rerouting a display cable so if any one has this problem let humminbird know about your problem the other was the gps speed bouncing around at low speeds the units with the internal antenna will also work with a external antenna which solved my problem humminbird service manager callled me at home and talked to me about the problem i had he said that he actually hooked the unit up and took it out in the parking lot to see what it was actually doing so to make a long story short my 787c2i works great now with the external antenna hooked up to it humminbird sent me a antenna at no charge now that is wht i call coustomer service it may have took 3 times to get it resolved but they were good to work with. I didn't know it but the 900 series and 1100 series don't come with internal antennas may be why they don;t have the problems i had thouht if any one had this problem they might want this info.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know they are committed to making the customer happy. I haven't experienced any problems with my 787 as of yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent mine in yesterday. The customer service rep acted like she never heard of the problem but was very nice.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

what problem do you have wit yours yikess
    Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Speck Chaser I have both problems you had plus mine would power off in rough water sometimes. The worst part was the speed jumping around when I was trolling around 1 mph while my little $85 hand held Garmin was reading dead on.

Post Thanks / Like

the external antenna will fix the jumping around and rerouting the display cable solve the lont time to lock onto satellite after the first time it locks on after the repairs it locks on within 1 minute tell them you want to talk to randy in the service dept if they don't what you are talking about let me know how it turns out
    Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Will do.

Speck Chaser I'm so glad you started a post about this topic. I thought I was the only person with this problem and would have to live with it. The Humminbird folks have been great to work with in the past so I'm sure they will fix me up.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my 787c2i back today. I live in Memphis and sent it to Humminbird last Monday and received it back exactly one week later. Thats what I what I call service. I look forward to trying it out this weekend. They didn't send an external antenna so I hope they fixed the speed issue internally somehow.