Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Headed For Randall Chain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headed For Randall Chain

Hi Y'all Going To Open Up The Trailer For The Season This Weekend And Check Out The Crappie On The Randall Chain, Will Post How There Hitting And On Which Lake When We Get Home Mon. Or Tues.HOPE THE WHEATHER HOLDS OUT, I HEAR THEY ARE GETTING SOME SLABS ON MORRISON AND CREIG LAKE. SEE YOU L8R.
    Last edited by PROBASS204; 04-30-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey PROBASS,

How have you been doing on the slabs on the Randall chain?

I want to come over there some time and give it a try. We have been getting some over here around Sturgis but I have not been over to the chain yet this year.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." --Patrick F MacManus

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Duketech We Are Starting To Get Some Good Sized Crappie Now, They Are Late This Year As Are The Gills, Just Getting On The Beds, We Got 45 Gills And Crappies Mixed Sat. Bat The Wind Was So Strong We Keep Getting Off The School Of Crappies And Had To Find Them Again. The Pontoon Would Not Hold In The Wind With 2 30lb.anchors. Hope This Weekend Is Better! Come On Over And Give It A Try, Been Getting Them An Morrison Lk. About 8 To 12 Ft. W/jigs Tipped W/wax Worms.purple Has Been Hot Color, Have A Good Day!! Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ProBass204.

I can't get over this week or weekend (on-call) but I hope to make it the weekend after this one. I used to fish the B&W & Arjays bass tourneys & they always had at least one on the Randall chain.

We were finding the Crappies with 1/16 or 1/8 oz Beetle spins with 1 1/2 in tubes red body/chart tails slow-rolled along the deep weed edges 7-12 ft deep. Really slow, not sure the blade was even turning.

Last week when the wind would die down (Rarely) we did get into some nice gills on red worms right before dark. That was last week & I don't know what this cold front has done to them.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." --Patrick F MacManus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day off this Thursday

PROBASS204,

Taking a day off to come over to the chain with a friend. Thinking of puttin' in at the Narrows ramp. If the weather is good we may spend the whole day fishin.

I got a few gills on Thompson Lake last night with 1/16 oz Beetle Spins but it was a tough bite. Windy & the fish seemed scattered. Could not find a single Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Duketech Those Are Nice Gills, When You Get To The Randall Chain We Were Fishing Morrison Around The Drop Off At The Big Point And On The Far Left Side Of The Lake As You Come In Off Of Randall, Good Luck!! Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASS204 View Post
    Hi Duketech Those Are Nice Gills, When You Get To The Randall Chain We Were Fishing Morrison Around The Drop Off At The Big Point And On The Far Left Side Of The Lake As You Come In Off Of Randall, Good Luck!! Ron
    Thanks Ron. I'll let you know how we do.
    It is funny, when I looked at the Morrison lake map last night I marked those same two spots as places we need to try. Must be we think the same areas look "fishey" :D

Andy

Post Thanks / Like

Got out to Randall/Morrison today for about 3 hours. Got chased off the water by thunderstorms. Was tough. I nice gill, 1 decent crappie.
    instead of pics of fish, I'll show you the tree that fell on my house while I was fishing.

Luckily, very little damage.

Just not my day today. Fishing Partner was 6 hours late for a trip I adjusted my schedule for him. Then we can't find the fish, then major storms hit.

I think I should have just went to work.

2 weeks ago the fishing was great, but its been really slow lately for me anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Duketech Looks Like Your Luck Is Like Mine Lol. Glad There Was Not Any Worse Damage To Your H Ome, Hope You Can Get Over To Randall Again, We Are Their Every Weekend As We Have A Trailer At Angel Cove Campground. Maybe We Can Get Togather Some Weekend To Fish Togather,let Me Know.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear your day went sour PB. Just glad that the tree wasn't any taller, or your house any closer, eh? The fish will be back on it soon, if these silly fronts quit movin' through.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.