Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rechargeable Fillet Knives?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rechargeable Fillet Knives?

Is there a good one out? I've heard they don't last that long, don't have much power, ect. I have a regular electric knife but it doesn't do me any good when I fish on saltwater piers that are 1000+- feet long with no access to a power outlet unless you go back to a hotel (and who wants to clean fish in their hotel room). If staying at a hotel about the only option I have is to gut and freeze them. A regular fillet knife just takes too long for a good mess of fish... Maybe I'm just spoiled from always using an electric. To me the regular fillet knife is for bait. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Rapala cordless filet knife. Comes with a case, charger and two batteries. ALso has an extra set of blades. Hasnt failed me yet.

Chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

practice with a regular fillet knife. Once you get good with it you won't want the electric. If you think I'm wrong take a look at what the deck mates on the charter boats use. They make their living cleaning fish. I doubt their knife will be attached to a cord or have batteries in it. I've been around plenty of em and I've never seen one use an electric ever.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had good luck with the rechargbales, battiers want hold a charge long enough to get done.And hope you do a better job than the fish cleaning places I've used, they waste a lots of fish...Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Mr T...Rapala has a good rechargeable set up...sure they all die in time, but we do to...that's why I go fishin whenever I can! Tight Lines
    Support Our Troops!