Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The answer has always eluded me......

Post Thanks / Like

Default The answer has always eluded me......

Someone tell me why it is that you catch more fish when you're by yourself??? I can take people and catch fish, but fishing always seems better when I'm alone. Whether on the bank or in the boat I catch more and bigger fish when I am alone. I don't know why this is, but it's a fact. It's not that I don't enjoy company, I just so better alone. I like when my wife goes. She doesn't fish much, I can catch double limits why she reads a book!

This answer to this one has eluded me all my life.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with ya. Plus if I a camera, I catch small fish or nothing at all.

Gonefission
    Bill

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Pml ...

Quote Originally Posted by PapermouthLegend View Post
    Someone tell me why it is that you catch more fish when you're by yourself??? I can take people and catch fish, but fishing always seems better when I'm alone. Whether on the bank or in the boat I catch more and bigger fish when I am alone. I don't know why this is, but it's a fact. It's not that I don't enjoy company, I just so better alone. I like when my wife goes. She doesn't fish much, I can catch double limits why she reads a book!
    This answer to this one has eluded me all my life.
    Don't know for sure, but it would seem logical that your concentration level is all on your fishing, when alone ... whereas, when there's another angler aboard, you're concentration level is divided between what you're doing and what available possibilities there are for your partner (can he get his lure to the spot, does he have a clear angle of presentation, is he using the right presentation method, right retrieve speed, right size/color, etc).
    Also, take into account the fact that ALL the fish that you come upon, when alone, if they're caught ... are going to be caught by YOU .... there's no competition from another lure in the water :D

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Noise level in the boat is cut in half also.
    Wichita

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of like when I tell all my Family in East Texas that the wind doesnt blow all the time here in North Texas. Every time they come up, it makes a lier out of me lol
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Concentration is increased, as is mobility. You don't get input from a coangler WRT how and where YOU should fish for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I think crappiepappy nailed it. Concentration has everything to do with it. I too enjoy company while fishing, but the distraction will cause you to lose fish. Also I always try to control the boat to where the person in the rear has as much opportunity to catch fish as I do. When your alone, you dont have to do that.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Easier to lie when your by yourself
    Pappy got it, concentrations
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

When I have others in the boat I concentrate more on them catching fish than I. I continually try to put them where they can make the proper presentation at the expense of my own success. I also give them first shot at a brushpile, laydown etc. I still catch my fair share of fish when I have others along, but not as many as when it is just me. We strictly are casting jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

what dadakota said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast