Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Zebco recalls childern's rod combos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zebco recalls childern's rod combos

Looks like lead paint was used!!! www.zebco.com/recall <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Darn it....I knew I shouldn't have chewed on my son's fishing pole again.....what do I do now???

Just messin' with you....good information and thank you!!

I have a little boy that I can't wait until I can take him fishing.....do you think 8 months is a little too early???

Actually, he has already been fishing with me, just not on the boat or with his own rod....hee hee....I am trying my darndest to break him in right!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Question 202

Does anyone have any idea how much Zebco has made off of their 202 rigs?
    I remember getting one when I was a child and I'm 47!

I once caught a seven lb. Bass out of a cow pond on a 404 rig. I was getting it in and the rod started to break at the handle. I had to hold the rod above the handle to keep it from breaking.
    I got the fish in and weighed it. I thought that the color, a pale white, would not make a good mount so I threw it back. Only later did I learn that the mounts are painted anyway. :rolleyes:
    I laughed and shrugged it off.
    Still a good story.

CC
    Stay legal.

Post Thanks / Like

The 33 was a stout reel. I have one that still works that I snag out of a lake while fishing with my grandpa when I was around 11 or 12 (31 now). Still works good, I dont use it often since now I am into using spinning and bait casters reels. I remember when a zebco rep would come by a sporting good store in this town once a year. You could take any zebco reel working or not working. They would put new line and fix them or replace them with new ones for 5 bucks. We would go around to the garage sales an pickup 33's for a buck or 2 and then take them to him, I still have 2 or 3 that I have never even used. To bad they dont do that anymore.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion