Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mount

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Mount

What size crappie do you consider is worthy as a wall mount?

I'd rather be fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to have a 3 pounder hanging on my wall. The way it's been going I may have to lower those expectations to anything over 14".

Post Thanks / Like

3's are awful nice fish. I am not a big fan of mounting fish, but I really like replicas. I have gotten a few 3's over the years though it has been a very long time since my lake has produced fish that size. What I think I would like to do is wait until I get a freakishly huge fish, like a 4+ hopefully someday and then get a multi mount with the a 4, a couple 3's and 2 or 3 2's to represent the fish I have caught over my lifetime. Something like this - http://www.artisticanglers.com/Image...%20DISPLAY.jpg If the 4 never happens then I will be happy with my memories and pictures. One exception may be is I find a taxidermist who makes amazingly real replicas, I may get a single 3 just to admire until the freak arrives.

About 20 years ago I saw a mount of a stringer of fish hanging from the ceiling to the floor of a tackle shop in Erie PA and that has stuck in my mind all these years. It was impressive and I may do that someday when I have a few grand burning a hole in my pocket.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 04-30-2008 at 12:25 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

That is one awesome mount there grizz. Sweet, I'd love one like that, but that right there is a very lot of coin.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

3 pounder for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 17 1/2 incher on the wall, weighed in at 2.8lb... I've caught several others between 15 and 17 but just let them go after a picture...

If I get another super slab over 17, and my bank account can take it (HA!) I may get a replica mount... Who knows?

What I really want to do is get my fishing partner and fellow Microspoons Pro Staffer into a giant and get him the replica. He's my 10 year old son and one heck of a fisherman.
    Microspoons Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Had one that almost went 3 one time in my life. Had it in the freezer to be mounted, had to go out of town for the weekend. While gone the sewer dept was cleaning out ditches in our rear easment a cut the power to my garage, and fish was ruined. I not as fortunate as some of you guys who always find the 2lb plus fish. As soon as I get one over 2 its going on the wall.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

hey locator79, you should have marked that electric line before you left. just kidding just some bad luck on your fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly...I would only do a replica. And I would consider a slab thats 16 1/2 of 17 inches...biggest to this point is 16 inches and it was tempting but I thought I'd get a bigger one ....but not yet.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

I have one on the wall that was 2.6 lbs and 16 1/4 inches. But, I have to say I was mixed about mounting it. For me, it just didn't feel right to take a creature out of it's glory to display on my wall. It was different than mounting a deer head. At least I ate the deer; may be the taxidermist got to eat my fish. Fortunately I chose someone that really knew what he was doing and the mount looks just like I took it out of the water.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast