Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Delhi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Delhi

Does anyone know the water level at Lake Delhi? Can you make it under the car bridge at the camp ground boat ramp? I'm looking to head there this weekend and take my dad fishing for his birthday. With the price of gas, we would hate to drive there and find out you can't put in.

Thanks
    Thanks,
    Slab_Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

I would bet it high, hiGH, HIGH
    Fish now, you'll be dead for a long time

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got out to Delhi today and only managed 11 crappie. The fish were caught on minnow and mini-mite around snags 5 - 8 feet deep. Water temp 56 degrees and the lake was muddy do to last weeks rains.
    If planning on fishing this lake and putting your boat in at the campground, you will only be able to fish the upper half of the lake. This is because they are working on the bridge by Hartwick Marina and have it roped off so you can't go under it and fish toward the dam.
    Thanks,
    Slab_Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Did the fish have any size to them?

Post Thanks / Like

All 9 to 10 inches. Much smaller than what we typically catch on the lake, but didn't fish areas that I typically try due to not being able to go under the bridge.
    Thanks,
    Slab_Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Delhi on Sunday, 6-1 and couldn't manage a single crappie. Only caught 1 smallmouth, 1 catfish and 4 bluegills all on minnows. This lake has been hit hard by at least 3 Maquoketa River floods this year. Water was MUDDY with strong current and debris/trees floating everywhere. We typically lay into nice stringers of big crappie or gills every year, but the consistent high water fluctuations must have everything messed up. Water temp approx 62
    Thanks,
    Slab_Seeker